Help Report This Seller

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Chuck_A, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Chuck_A

Chuck_A Well-Known Member

I am frequently seeing more sales like this one showing a fake coin and a separate label without a slab. This sale was reported about a week ago and it's still available for some reason. I believe that the more reports ebay receives the more likely they will take action accordingly. There are several other similar sales by the seller and they have sold many like this one.
    I use the prohibited and restricted items and then select stamps, coins and currencies and lastly you can select whatever you feel applies in the detailed reason, and you can add a brief description.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1878-S-Morgan-Dollar-NGC-MS62-DPL-Monster-DMPL-Please-read-description/233484348511?_

ScottSemans likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

This is where eBay fails the public. In the three pages of comments for this seller, there are 6 negative reports and yet NOT A SINGLE ONE is recorded as such. They are all marked as positive. The seller has been reported in the past and yet eBay has done nothing about it. It becomes a "buyer beware" situation.

aiarz88, Larry E and Chuck_A like this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

No! I will not help you by reporting this to SleazeBay. Personally, I hope SleazeBay goes to hell for their screw-ups and that someone being totally pissed off by their stupid actions and inactions has deep enough pockets to start a competing service and put them out of business. ~ Chris

5. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Or a class action suit that scares the crap out of them.

6. Chuck_A

You're not helping me. I rarely buy anything on eBay, I do sold price comparisons for the other auction houses and sales like this one are always there. This type of sale hurts the good sellers and the YN's. I've seen many posts on CT that people join in reporting to hopefully remove the sellers. Thanks for your reply.

jwitten likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

I've been a member of CT for 10 years, and I've read all sorts of complaints about SleazeBay. Why should anyone help you when all other efforts have been a waste of time? It's about time that people took an opposite approach. Eventually, SleazeBay will "crash" enough times to make their "vehicle" inoperable. ~ Chris

8. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Are you 100% sure it is a fake coin? Is the cert that was broken out of the holder real? Some people really do break coins out, for whatever reasons, and keep the tag with the coin.

He has several negative comments as a buyer, but none as a seller. I do agree I wish we could leave buyers negatives as well though.

Paul M. and Kentucky like this.
  9. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Actually, if several people report an item, ebay DOES do something about it. I've had people help report fake gold Indians a lot, and they are almost always taken down. I do which they would do more to ban repeat offenders though.

10. cpm9ball

Do you remember when it used to be that sellers could get away with just about anything by saying, "I will leave you positive feedback after you leave me positive feedback"? So, SleazeBay went off the deep end and now buyers can cheat, lie and steal to their hearts content. Yeah! Once in a while, they throw you guys a bone and remove a listing while who knows how many buyers get away with their con games....."never received it"....."paid with a fake money order".....etc.

Nope! I'd rather see SleazeBay die a horrible death. ~ Chris

Chuck_A likes this.
  11. COCollector

COCollector Well-Known Member

Doing my part: About 2 years ago I stopped selling on ebay. And I stopped bidding & buying coins on ebay.

Instead, nowadays I buy & sell at coin Shows.

(But I still like ebay for cheap used books & videos.)

serafino and Chuck_A like this.
  12. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

13. Chuck_A

And many many more. I think I shouldn't have opened this can of worms up again,It will never stop. Unfortunately I was the recipient of a few counterfeits and by the time I knew better it was to late to return them. Thankfully it wasn't a great deal of money but enough to hurt my pride. However, whenever I see another member post a sale like this I will join in reporting it.

14. ja59

ja59 Missing the Beach just not as much as ...

Once a stabbed is cracked, it is/can be difficult to know that the label actually goes with that coin. I suppose if there are legit pics, and unique identifying marks, but not in this case

15. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

With those horrible picture I can't tell if the coins are fakes, but I would say that if they aren't they have been altered, These look a lot like the old "California prooflikes" that were around in the 70's. Fields polished to a deep mirror and the devices artificially and heavily frosted.

Draft saved Draft deleted