Help on grading this 1914 d Wheat

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Marine1, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Marine1

Marine1 Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

VG-8 at best. Darn that reverse scratch.

4. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Doesn't appear cleaned. The scratch kills it, or it is a straight F-12 to me.

5. M.V

M.V Member

It's from G to VG condition. Look at " god " motto, it has unusual thickness, which could be a die error. Still a good coin.

TJ1952 likes this.
  6. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

Please show a photo of the date and edge. Coin may not be genuine. Looks suspicious.

7. Insider

@Marine1 Let's call in a Lincoln cent expert: @rlm's cents

What do you think of this mint mark?

8. kSigSteve

kSigSteve Active Member

It's looks odd to me. Not an expert in series. The motto and the wheat ears have a strange look to me. Also could be the photos, the color seems off.

9. Insider

Yes, it's corroded.

dwhiz likes this.
  10. Marine1

Marine1 Active Member

Thanks for all your help, I bought some Morgans and this was part of the deal and its beyond my pay grade
    M1

11. Jon Zern

Jon Zern Member

If I were to grad I would grad at VF-20. I sure would love to have that in my collection. One of the few i am missing.

12. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Here's my 14D to compair to OP. I think the OP mint mark looks off to me. 1914 D c PCGS F15 1a-horz.jpg 1914 D c PCGS F15 1a.jpg

TJ1952 likes this.
  13. Insider

You are correct. Your coin is no match; yet it is one of the for positions.

dwhiz and medoraman like this.
  14. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

This is what is needed with the 14d, 09s VDB, and 22 plain. Someone with the knowledge to determine if the position is already known and documented. These are three cents I would not spend big money on unless certified or I learned what @Insider knows in his head.

dwhiz likes this.
  15. Insider

This information is not in my head. The 1922 Plain and 1909-S VDB's have been completely documented. Apparently, the 14-D has not except by me. See the thread on 1914-D cents I tag you on.

dwhiz likes this.
  16. Marine1

Marine1 Active Member

Insider,
    Is the GOD a CLO-002 Error and exactly what do I have here, undocumented error ???
    Thanks,
    M1

17. Insider

I asked for images of the date area and the edge of your coin. At the moment, I do not think it is genuine. Let's hope I'm wrong.

PS Were you on the Helicopter detail for the President or just picked a good "handle."

18. Insider

CORRECTION: There is another researcher who has documented the dies on 1914-D cents. His research is posted on another thread here.

19. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

The numbers in the date look a bit thin. I'm questioning if it's real as well.

20. Marine1

Marine1 Active Member

Insider,
    Here you go
    Screen Shot 07-16-16 at 10.18 AM.jpg Screen Shot 07-16-16 at 10.18 AM.jpg Screen Shot 07-16-16 at 10.18 AM.jpg Screen Shot 07-16-16 at 10.10 AM.jpg

21. Insider

The coin is 100# counterfeit IMO.:sorry:

Draft saved Draft deleted