help numismedia

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by gianni, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Sullysullinburg

Sullysullinburg Well-Known Member

Put it on eBay for $100. Let us know when it sells. Proof is in the pudding.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gianni

gianni Active Member

Of course I understand, finding in the drawer of grandparents an MS70 RARE to be difficult but sometimes there may be coins that come close to precious specimens. Tomorrow you place a penny lincoln 1922 without the D of denver is very rare and for me is very good I think of an MS60 / 65. I hope that some fool does not tell me that he is also worth 0.10 dollar

4. gianni

gianni Active Member

I have no feedback on ebay I could not even sell a 100 dollar coin for 0.50 dollars nobody trusts users with zero feedback I prefer auctions

5. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Why are you assuming that if you don't get agreed with on your assumptions of your coins value that a person telling you it has no real value is a fool?

Secondly, finding a MS70 in circulation (basically what every person has handled once in 'real life', nor in an unusual situation, like opening a bag of coins never handled) isn't just going to be difficult, it is probably an impossibility.

Your biggest issue is not thinking highly of your coins, it is your non-knowledge of the grading scale in the uncirculated range and your seemingly refusal to even learn.

There are standards for grading which you don't seem to want accept or wish to use, other than the MS designation. And if you have a 1922 without a d that is real rather than faked or altered, or cleaned or other details coin, you will probably be given a fair probable grade. It may or may not be in the MS range.

6. Sullysullinburg

Sullysullinburg Well-Known Member

That’s not even remotely true. Time to face the facts, you’re coin isn’t worth $100 and won’t be in 20 years. You can talk all you want about your special Italian collectors, but you’re asking about an American Coin on a mostly American forum. Go speak to some Italian collectors if you want their opinion. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they tell you something similar.

7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

There is a distinct difference in the coins you posted. The only has light scratches across Lincoln's Bust. The other has a few minor bag marks. The scratches are not acceptable but the bag marks are.

8. gianni

gianni Active Member

I have learned in Italy we have a simpler system SPL ... SPL + ... qFDC ... FDC four degrees to define a splendid coin to a coinage. you use a scale of 50 to 70. how do you say MS62 or MS63 based on what? we say qFDC and that's it

9. Kasia

We use a scale of 0-70. And it works when people pay attention to specifics.

10. Kasia

You have been given info on resources and if you search on the net you can find info, too about what makes a coin MS 62 or MS63. I suggest you try. The US system does not care about the Italy system.

11. gianni

gianni Active Member

I know but to say that it is worth 0.10 dollar when inmatted a 1931-D AU50 they pay 40 dollars to be too offensive and exaggerated in the assessment. I would NEVER allow myself to give a certain evaluation based on a single photograph made by a cell phone in the garage

12. gianni

gianni Active Member

I remind some of those who took part in the 1931-D Lincoln debate that we are talking about a coin that falls within the top ten penny Lincoln LOW MINTAGES. NEVER being an MS65 maybe be an AU55 but to say that it is worth 0.10 dollar be an offense to the currency not to me

Attached Files:

• top.jpg
      top.jpg
      File size:
      51.9 KB
      Views:
  13. Kasia

There is no offending the currency. And you have a details coin. Details coins cannot grade straight.

14. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

Gianni, I know Italian dealers and collectors. This coin is not valuable to them either, because it’s damaged. It’s not FDC or splendido, it’s DAMAGED. No coin with a mintage in the 4-5 millions is “rare” or “scarce”. Not in the US and not anywhere in Europe. Stop telling things which are not true. Grazie.

15. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It might be considered a low mintage but it is damaged. Those scratches make it damaged. That will never change. So that lowers the grade and value. Due to the damage on your coin it will not grade. It will either come back ungraded in a body bag or it will be encased in a slab with DAMAGED/ DETAILS on the label. The mintage is still too high for a collector to show interest in it with the damage on the obverse.

Draft saved Draft deleted