HELP no idea if anything is worth anything but I have a lot

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Rich Menchio, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Rich Menchio

Rich Menchio New Member

I have a lot of coins and some paper currency dont have any knowledge on the subject. It was passed down from my grandfather who was in WWII and a collector.
    Thank you
    Rich

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

Alrighty. I can't say for sure about anything without specific pictures, but you do have some things worth over face. Don't see anything spectacular but don't spend it for face either.

Welcome to CoinTalk

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  4. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

That sure is a lot.
    Cool Lincoln Board.
    But honestly some of the stuff is low end, but worth more than face value.
    Start with a few photos of each.
    Silver coins 1$ 50c 25c and dimes 64' and older are 90%.
    Values above melt are determined by their condition. so a lot to learn.
    Try separating the bunch and post them with decent photos.
    Welcome to CT! There's a lot there to process.

5. Rich Menchio

Rich Menchio New Member

I am really looking to try and figure out if anything is worth something. Im 51 and my kids don't want it so I might as well see if I have anything good so I can enjoy it LOL. Any help would be appreciated I have been holding onto this
    Thank you, yes it is a little over whelming and very time consuming but I will try and separate as much as possible and take good photo's. LOL I still have probably over 1000 quarters i have not even looked at yet let alone a bunch of dimes and nickels.
    Thank you
    Rich

6. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Your dilemma is understandable and I'm sure it can feel overwhelming. What you need to understand though is that coin collecting is a hobby where the exact date, mintmark and condition make a big deal when it comes to value, so a wide, blurry photo of a whole bunch of coins is really hard to give you good feedback on. It seems like most of them are from the U.S. and you posted this in the world coins forum. There are plenty of people here who do both of course, but if you posted close-ups of the U.S. coin in the U.S. forum, you might get faster and better answers. Generally if they are dimes, quarters, halves or dollars and are from 1964 or earlier, they are made of silver and have additional value because of that if nothing else. I also see buffalo nickels and they have value, but it depends on the year and mintmark. I see that a lot of them are taped on, which is bad. Tape can damage the coins. I also see paper money. There is a forum here for paper money collectors too, and that's a specialized interest. So what I'm saying is that while I know you just want quick answers, it's not really possible without you breaking it down into more manageable pieces for the experts here to analyze.

7. Rich Menchio

Rich Menchio New Member

Thank you and yes I understand. I will try and be more patient and take many more pictures of individual items or if there is anyone in the Los Angeles area that is willing to help I will give 20% of whatever it sales for. I just dont want to get scammed if I take it to one of the local collector stores.
    Thank you
    Rich

Theodosius likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted