Help me understand how PCGS says this is NT

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Agilmore01, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

LOL someone is going to pay waaay to much for that :)

4. Agilmore01

It's already several hundred $$ over comparables.

5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

pretty colors ahhhhhh.... :cool:

6. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

It looks fine to me, cheap price right now. I will keep an eye on it.

7. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Et tu, CAC? At times I think this hobby is full of cooks. This is one of those times. :D

spock1k and JPeace$ like this.
  8. mikem2000

mikem2000 Lost Cause

I see no reason to believe it is AT.

Paul M. likes this.
  9. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

It's the lighting.

10. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

11. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

I call $750 is hammer

12. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

It looks natural to me and I expect the colors to be somewhat darker (more muted) than in the overexposed GC image.

13. Agilmore01

Maybe the colors are darker in hand. This is the first time I have seen a Merc with this brilliant of colors. I have purchased many toned Mercs from GC and in hand they usually are very close to the pics posted. I believe this one will look about the same in hand.

14. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

Guess: Roll end in a high sulfur environment for a short time. It's NT because the flow of colors is right.

15. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

It's obviously NT....because a PCGS grader said so! And it deserves the CAC sticker....because CAC trusted the PCGS grader implicitly too. And it will sell for a crazy price.....because a speculator thinks he/she can get more for it. And the next buyer will sell it for an even crazier price....because it has already auctioned for a crazy price once before. And the new owner will send it to NGC and get an Unc details coin back....because they trusted the chain of ownership and documented crazy prices the coin had brought prior.
    D'oh!
    Hot potato, hot potato! :)

But I think it's neat looking anyway, and if it weren't for the crazy premium I'd love to own it.

16. Stephan77

Stephan77 Well-Known Member

Sorry but rainbows and coins don't mix for me...to each his own I guess.

torontokuba likes this.
  17. Coinchemistry 2012

Coinchemistry 2012 Well-Known Member

This. I think the images are making it look better than what it probably is.

18. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

z
    I just bid it up to $652, so i think It will go higher. $900 ish is Fair market value.

19. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I wouldn't doubt there's a sap for it at $900. It's in the coffin. That's all that matters, these days.

20. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

These words are true. I tried to sell a PR64+ 1894 Morgan at the Chicago ANA last year. No dealer wanted it for $4500 (my asking price). So after failing I turned it in for 24 hour regrade at PCGS. They gave it a PR65 and I sold it to the 2nd dealer I showed it to for $7700.

-jeffB, spirityoda, JPeace$ and 2 others like this.
  21. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

It's probably a good investment at what bkozak33 has it bid at. He seems to know the market. And it is pretty darn unique-looking.

Draft saved Draft deleted