Help identifying token

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Poetheraven1, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Poetheraven1

Poetheraven1 Member

I realize this site is dedicated to coins, but I was hoping that someone might know something about a token I ran across recently. Its 20mm in diameter, made of Aluminum, and was minted by the Roger William Mint (rwm). On one side, it has the name WRIGHT'S written below a picture of what appears to be a castle (amusement?). On the other side is simply the words 1 POINT. Here is a picture incase someone might know something about it. Thanks for taking a look at this thread, and for any information that might come of it. Regards, Bill

Wright's 1 Point0001.jpg Wright's 1 Point0002.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

It's definately an amusement token Bill, but I'm sorry I can't hep you identify it any further. You might want to do a general Google search using phrases like "Wright's Castle", "Wright's Amusement Park", "Wright's Arcade" or something similar. Good luck!

Bruce

4. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

It's in NJ if memory serves.

5. Poetheraven1

Poetheraven1 Member

Thanks, Bruce. I've already tried all the google searches using anything to do with Wright's.

6. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Perhaps Arundel castle in Brighton, UK ????

7. 16d

16d Member

I googed "wrights castle token, clicked images & saw a group of three various tokens together. One is like yours, but brass & has "wrights ticket prize room" across the top.

8. Poetheraven1

Poetheraven1 Member

I googled Wrights ticket prize room, but no luck there. My best guess, based on the castle picture, is that its some sort of arcade token or amusement center token, probably have to accumulate a certain number of points, then can trade them in for prizes...just a guess though. The company that made the token has been defunct for awhile, so it is possible that this particular Wright's is no longer in business either. Few of these amusement centers make it long term, they either go out of business or get taken over by larger fun centers. I guess this will have to remain one of the unsolved mysteries of life.

Draft saved Draft deleted