Help Identify

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by DJP7x0s, Jul 28, 2010.

1. DJP7x0s

DJP7x0s Sometimes Coins Arouse Me

I need help wih identifiction of this note. Whats the denomination, when was it printed???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DJP7x0s

Well, I do know that its a Nazi 50 Reichsmark from Germany. But theres two dates on this note, Id assume the later date might be the date this note was printed. But Im also not sure if the dates could perhaps be a span that the man depicted on the note, held a position. I have checked ebay and noticed that there seems to be a key date note of this series, but am not able to determine a difference. I cant read this thing, I am curious when it was printed and if theres any mint marks, privy mark, or anything that I dont know about. This is deff not an area that I am familiar with at all. Can anyone tell me more than what I know so far???

4. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

I'd love to know too...I have so many of these and every other type of world war era german currency including like a 100 million mark. Ridiculous. I'd like to know more about them too...It's about time I get around to looking...they look nice though.

5. coinmaster1

coinmaster1 Active Member

Who knows? Maybe hitler used it to buy something.

6. lettow

lettow Senior Member

The issue date is March 30, 1933. The other date (August 30, 1924) is the date of the law that authorized the Reichsbank to issue notes. This series was used until the currency reform of 1948.

There is not a key date for this note as they are all dated the same. There are two different watermarks, however. They both appear on the left side of the note. One (the more common one) is the same as the portrait on the right side of the note. The other is an ornamental design. The scarcer variety also does not have a an underprint letter which appears in the bottom center of the face just to the left of the seal. It appears that this note is the less common variety based on the absence of the underprint letter. Check the watermark and confirm that it is not the portrait.

7. DJP7x0s

Thanks for the info

Draft saved Draft deleted