Help ID: Roman Coin

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Trajanwinger, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Trajanwinger

Trajanwinger New Member

I am having trouble identifying this coin

crowning2backjpg.jpg
    crowningfronts-l500.jpg
    Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

It's a Constantinian era "two victories" coin. It will probably hard to figure out who or where it was minted. It has a little palm front there between the victories, they may help to narrow it down a tad bit, not all of them have that.

4. Trajanwinger

Trajanwinger New Member

Constantius II AE Two Victories Wreath Palm &Branch Authentic Ancient Roman Coin?

like this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Constantiu...ch-Authentic-Ancient-Roman-Coin-/251136190369

5. chrsmat71

6. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

Plus, the coin in the link is from Siscia mint. I cannot see any mint in the reverse to tell on your coin.

7. Trajanwinger

Trajanwinger New Member

Thank chrs! The seller who sold it to me said Augustus- I was like "say what?" I didn't think it was Augustus but I didn't care at the time since it was practically free.

8. chrsmat71

No problem. Definitely not THE Augustus (Octavian) but it is probably Constans or Constantius II as Augustus. That is confusing to people sometimes.

9. Trajanwinger

Trajanwinger New Member

Oh good so the seller didn't completely lie. Good. I am already getting tired of those lying sellers lately after last month. I should take up scrapbooking instead.

ominus1 and Pellinore like this.
  10. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

it's a Roman coin.. that's what you bought and that's what you got.:)

Draft saved Draft deleted