HELP! I have a Cheerio Dollar, in original packaging

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Rizofy, Dec 2, 2018.

?

Should I send it in to NGC or PCGS?

1. NGC

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. PCGS

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. Keep in original packaging

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Call me jaded, and from New York.......

frankjg likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Hi Jade, from New York. You sound exotic.

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

rofl.gif rofl.gif rofl.gif

You need a hobby, Jason........ devil.gif

Mainebill, DUNK 2 and paddyman98 like this.
  5. ACoinJob

ACoinJob There are still some out there to be had.

Thank you. I been a PCGS Gold Member for a little over 2 years. Never done anything for anybody but myself ( which is rare ). But the offer was good genuine, and "a tough sell" though. Thanks for the candor. No disrespect.

6. ACoinJob

I'm in no shape, no will, no want and no desire to be sketchy. I can only offer help & info. as I see fit. As I mentioned before, that's the best I can do without a FREE voucher for PCGS grading.

7. ACoinJob

If you get with me next August, 2019, I may have (4) Free vouchers for PCGS grading. I saved on the average of $60 per coin per holder, and they only wanted $10 - $11 per pcgs slabbed, and graded coins last few times I sent them in with free vouchers. The offer's good though.

8. Rizofy

Rizofy Member

I talked to NGC this morning and confirmed that I can just send in the sac and penny in the original packaging and they will be the ones opening it. And yeah, I will be submitting it by myself, no offence to anyone intended. I will definitely keep everyone updated and post pictures when it's back, graded and whatnot. And i plan to get it slabbed with the penny that's with it, seems to be what everyone is saying, even though the penny is virtually worth face value since 10 million were put out there. It's definitely exciting, I'll tell ya that.

Mainebill, spirityoda, Rassi and 5 others like this.
  9. Rizofy

Rizofy Member

And who knows, I may end up keeping it just to have, it's a conversation starter at the least Haha! But realistically, I most likely will sell it, donate some money to St. Judes, and take it as a huge learning lesson. Definitely will be getting into coins, regardless of the price, it's just fascinating seeing the history behind some of the coins I've been looking at on here.

10. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Now why wouldnt anyone on here trust a guy who's handle is - A con job:troll:

frankjg likes this.
  11. ACoinJob

ACoinJob, your spelling is a bit sketchy. He also mentioned he's got a connection with NGC coin grading service. If you needed it PCGS certified, I could help, but with the looks of it, I'm all out of free vouchers this year. I can offer to help say next August ( maybe ) if you're lucky.

12. heavycam.monstervam

Can i have a free voucher too?:shy:
    Maybe even throw in a nice BU Morgan, since i dont have anything to grade? Oops, i need a few bucks for the shipping as well. :troll:

13. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

If it's not the rare one, then how much is the Cheerio dollar worth?

14. heavycam.monstervam

+1
    Was wondering the same- has anyone verified the obverse markers yet? OP?

15. ACoinJob

He was only asking for "HELP!". I was willing to help as long as there were something I could actually help with. In your case, if you don't have a coin, why would you want for it to get graded, lol? 0 coin, = 0$ NO SALE, lol.

16. heavycam.monstervam

:sorry:

CoinCorgi likes this.
  17. physics-fan3.14

A dollar. Mabye a little bit more.

18. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

Now that's a gamble. That would make for a good poll. Do you open it and check for a pay day or try to sell it off in the original packaging for less?

I'd have to know before I sent it in. If it came back as the not rare one I would just keep thinking it got swapped out :drowning:

spirityoda likes this.
  19. physics-fan3.14

:facepalm:

If you read through the thread, you'll find you don't have to open it. There is a diagnostic on the obverse.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  20. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

This is priceless!

Walked right into it, @green18. ;)

green18 likes this.
  21. TyCobb

TyCobb A product of PMD

I have been :( I just didn't realize it was fool proof.

Draft saved Draft deleted