Help!!! 199?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Victor Vazquez, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Looks like 96... Maybe also why the off color??? First time finding something like this. 2018-12-15 16.30.09 Screen-1~2.jpg 2018-12-15 16.30.44 Screen-1.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Yes it is clearly a 1996 with a burst plating blister. Not worth anything over face value. Spend it.

4. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

It looks the way it does cause someone took the copper and now all you see is zinc ...

5. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

[QUOTE="furryfrog02, post: 3265889, member: 41219". Spend it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they sell penny candy anymore. :p

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Damaged by the environment. It's a spender.

7. Was never good in chemistry, striping the copper wouldn't damage the zinc? Or the detail of the coin?

8. Thanks for your comments everyone! Did some reading, gonna save it till i find a " penny candy" to spend it on!!!!

9. Mike185

Mike185 Well-Known Member

I think it’s neat! I don’t know but does it look like it has a marking of a mint mark? Observe looks a slight of Centered?!?

10. Yeah it does. Like 5 D's!!! 2 under the date and a cluster on the last number.

11. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

fuurydog02 Would you mind describing the differences in BPB and dragging marks? It would sure help me. THX tammiGee

12. Collecting Nut

Try this to get another member
    @furryfrog02 Check the above post. Thx

13. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

I downloaded your pix and blew it up 400x. It looks like a damaged date last (last 9 yes 9)and a tilted or Displaced mintmark "S"
    This coin was struck from a die in which the mintmark was positioned far enough out of place to be touching a design element.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Victor Vazquez likes this.
  14. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

yea guess it would better if I could SPELL! lol

15. Collecting Nut

Not just spelling but put a @ in front of the name. It turns blue after you send the post.

16. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

spelling might improve some if I could only SEE....old-timers-disease

17. Well thanks for your time tammiGee!!! Greatly appreciated. So 1999 s. Were would i begin looking up something like this? How many errors can 1 coin have?.

19. tammiGee

tammiGee Active Member

Well as said before its not an error that brings any extra value. Google US Coins Price Guides and find one you like. Keep searching

Victor Vazquez likes this.
  20. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

NO NO NO NO NO. It is NOT a 1999S. Absolutely incorrect. Bunk info.

Oldhoopster likes this.
  21. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Your coin is damaged, nothing more. It’s is either replated with zinc or more than likely, the copper plating was removed. It did not leave the mint like this. The anomaly you see next the date is just corrosion. It cannot be a displaced MM because the mint quit adding the MM by hand in 1989 or 1990 (I can never remember which year). The MM is now on the hub, so all dies will show the mm in the same location.

Victor Vazquez and furryfrog02 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted