HELP! 1956 wheat penny error!!! No reverse side

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Motherofallcoins555, Apr 7, 2020.

1. I found this penny while cleaning out my grandma's storage and it has absolutely nothing on the backside!!! Heads but no tails! Is it worth anything or junk?

Attached Files:

TonkawaBill and capthank like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Was most likely ground down.

4. I have many other coins I found as well, do you know a lot about coins?

5. furryfrog02

Now that you have pictures, it was definitely ground down. damaged junk.

6. furryfrog02

This IS a coin forum ;) A lot of people here know a thing or two about coins.

7. Since I have you here can you tell me about the coins I have? I'm going to add the photos here

Attached Files:

capthank likes this.
  8. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

It would have been better if you started a new thread on the latest group of coins.
    The 2 Walking Liberty Halved are common dates in circulated condition and are worth melt value, possibly a little more if you can find a buyer. I can't see the dates on the dimes and Lincoln cents to see if they are key or semi-key dates. :)

Motherofallcoins555 likes this.
  9. Also a dime dated in 1926 w.

Heavymetal likes this.
  10. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

The “w” is the engraver’s initial. The old cents are very common dates in very low condition, as are the halves and dimes, which are 90% silver. These are coins a collector would appreciate, not someone looking for value.

11. thomas mozzillo

The W s not a mint mark. It's the designer's monogram (initials). Adolph Weinman.
    The letter A is directly on top of the W which makes it look like a W. The mint mark is on the reverse, next to the bottom of the torch. If it has the S mint mark it's worth a little money, depending on the condition.

12. thomas mozzillo

Fast Eddie was a bit faster than me. lol :)

13. Well I feel dumb now lol. But at least I'm learning something new :)

14. thomas mozzillo

No reason to feel that way. Most of us started out knowing very little. Compared to others on this site I still know only a little bit.

15. Let me get this straight lol, so this is the mint mark? The "s" on the bottom?

Attached Files:

Kevin Mader and masterswimmer like this.
  16. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Yes it is.

17. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

As @ldhair said, that's affirmative.

18. And that "s" means its worth.... how much or where can I look up pricing? All the other sites are very contradictory to each other or I'm just not understanding all of it... that's probably what my issue is lol. I'm just curious since this pandemic happened I have 5 kids home from school and 4 are teens and 1 elementary kid that also eats like a teenager lol, needless to say they are going through food left and right, so I'm hoping to find something that holds no sentimental value to me and sell it to someone who might appreciate it more :) if you know any sites that are good for pricing and selling please let me know:)

David Betts likes this.
  19. I really appreciate how helpful you all have been! Thank you all by the way :)

Lembeck13 likes this.
  20. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Draft saved Draft deleted