Hello

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Makanudo, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Makanudo

Makanudo Well-Known Member

I am new to this forum.
    I am not a coin collector. I just like metal money and hoard anything that I come across. i would appreciate your opinion on these three coins.
    Thanks!
    SAM_1805.JPG SAM_1806.JPG SAM_1808.JPG SAM_1809.JPG SAM_1810.JPG SAM_1811.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

First, welcome to the neighborhood!

If it is your intent just to hoard coins, then you might want to invest in a few books that can give you the history of some of your coins. The first two I would recommend would be "A Guide Book of United States Coins" commonly called the Red Book and for foreign coins, one or two of the Krause books, "Standard Catalog of World Coins".

Chris

Kentucky likes this.
  4. Markus1959

Markus1959 Well-Known Member

German coin about .20 to a 1$ on a good day - Mercury dime about 1.50$ - don't know the other one. Just my opinion!! Don't quit your day job

Kentucky likes this.
  5. Makanudo

Makanudo Well-Known Member

Thanks
    I am not really interested in doing commerce with my coins.
    I understand I know next to nothing and would be satisfied in learning the basics.

6. Markus1959

7. Markus1959

8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

your 1st coin is Krause catalog KM#92 Germany, Third Reich 1938-D, denomination-10 reichspfennig, metal- aluminum-bronze, mintage-16,990,000
    grade/value
    F-$0.50 VF-$1.00 XF-$2.00

9. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

your 2nd coin is Krause catalog KM#894.1 France, 1931, denomination 50 centimes, metal-aluminum-bronze, mintage-62,775,000
    grade/value
    F-$0.15 VF-$0.25 XF-$1.00 MS-60-$3.00

10. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

3rd is a U.S. mercury dime. common date silver value. welcome to CT. I recommend you buy a Krause world coin catalog and a redbook for U.S. coins.

11. Markus1959

If he stated he's not a coin collector how will he know what all this means

12. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

he will learn. he can read books. they have books at a library. or bookstore if he chooses to get more involved.

Markus1959 likes this.
  13. Markus1959

Yes indeed - but CAN don't mean WILL!! ;) Especially all the info on these coins can be found on internet searches - did he go to the search or........? :D

14. -Andy-

-Andy- Andrew B. -Andy- YN

welcome to CT!

15. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

he asked for my opinion and I gave it. if he chooses to do more research he can... now he has the basic info. and why are you attacking me ???

Markus1959 likes this.
  16. Markus1959

I'm not, sorry if you took it the wrong way - I just wrote some things to get him reading so we don't have to constantly write things if we choose to. Plus I've been running in and out to take care of the ducks and I might have misread some of your meanings - my bad, sorry again!!

17. Markus1959

Yes, indeed - read it the wrong way!!!

18. longshot

longshot Enthusiast Supporter

They are all interesting and collectable, tho' nothing qualifies as "scarce." The dime is 90% silver. Just in case you don't know, don't try to clean 'em. Welcome to the forum!

19. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

20. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Do you have your ducks in-line?

21. Markus1959

Absolutely!!

000_4053.jpg

Endeavor, Mikey Zee and Kentucky like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted