Hello, new here and new to collecting.Tell I'm not crazy and list the errors and what's the value?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Melcha11, Nov 19, 2019.

1. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Ouch - hopefully, our thoughts flow freely, absent any comas in between :eek:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lehmansterms

lehmansterms Many view intelligence as a hideous deformity

Eats shoots and leaves.
    Eats, shoots and leaves.
    Eats shoots, and leaves.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.
    There is a galaxy of nuance which can be completely missed if one does not pay attention to the little, unimportant things like the placement of apostrophes and commas or the difference between Your, You're and Yore; Their, There and They're, etc.
    I willingly run the risk of being perceived as a crackpot old man yelling angrily at clouds by occasionally pointing out that with a little bit of attention to "unimportant" details like spelling, punctuation, syntax and grammar, the message would be a lot more clear, specific and better understood, overall.
    Try thinking about this with some of the same sort of attention to detail one pays to the tiny differences which define a mint error of one class or another.
    The devil's in the details, after all.

Melcha11, 352sdeer, Spark1951 and 4 others like this.
  4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

WOW. I'm late for this party, but for a new member to generate 5 pages to their posts is quite the accomplishment. @Melcha11, I'd like to ask what you saw on your 1944 cent that caused you to believe there was an error, @SCS2019 asked the question inn post 62, but it never received an answer. Oh, and welcome to the neighborhood.

Melcha11, Amos 811 and NOS like this.
  5. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

agreed - grandpa used to say: 'throw me down the stairs my hat' and there's a big difference between 'it's time to eat, grandma' and 'it's time to eat grandma' - fortunately(?), all of my grandparents died of natural causes :rolleyes:

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  6. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Melcha11 likes this.
  7. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

did you walk here?

8. RaeRenee

RaeRenee New Member

It's okay hun don't feel too bad I had only posted once like your post and got immediately mean and rude comments so I went and found another site where I wasn't criticized for my lack of knowledge when that was my main intent of joining this one.

Melcha11 and James.R like this.
  9. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

yet you troll here, cause you know we got the sugar....

hotwheelsearl likes this.
  10. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

people are way to soft these days,

paddyman98 likes this.
  11. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

milkcookies.jpg

Melcha11, 352sdeer and Amos 811 like this.
  12. Dan Porter

Dan Porter New Member

Melcha11 likes this.
  13. Melcha11

Melcha11 Member

The shadow of course, than the year. I am still researching and learning when and if I have free time, because regardless of comments, I am a very busy woman. Thank you for the encouragement.
    I'm a mom though and it takes more than some internet words to scare me or discourage me. This whole thread is funny to me. I may start another one with a intentionally dumb question asked! Hahaha, I'll let you in on it.

Randy Abercrombie and paddyman98 like this.
  14. Melcha11

Melcha11 Member

I did not start that whole spelling grammar deal! I "shot" back at the one who seemed to see irrelevancy humor in a typing error. Eat, -laugh-, shoot, leave because I don't have free time to reply to alll this other ignorance (keeping my own in mind ) all at one time. Besides, it still keeps coming every day. Let's not make me "coin talk internet famous" here! I keep getting notifications on this! I'm over it.

15. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

You go girl

Draft saved Draft deleted