Hello, new here and new to collecting.Tell I'm not crazy and list the errors and what's the value?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Melcha11, Nov 19, 2019.

1. HookFynn

HookFynn Member

i think that's an incredibly rude generalization with no basis in fact. makes you sound like a bitter old man barking kids off his front lawn for no other reason than to feel like he still has control of something. pretty sad actually.

Melcha11, thomas mozzillo and James.R like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SCS2019

SCS2019 New Member

Anything is possible....anything. Never allow the naysayers to blow the wind out of your sails. In order to discover new things....one must be open to the possibility that they exist and actively searching for them. I think a mind that is excited by uncharted territory is a precious blessing. Yes....a Redbook is a good thing. However....I've discovered EVERY YEAR has errors.....and there are errors being discovered all the time. Not by the mindless sheep though. Soooo....my question....is what did you see when you looked at this 44? Just so you don't feel weird....here's a pic of a 61 Jefferson....I'm pretty sure that's tarnish on the obverse and reverse. The only nickels that had silver were the wartime nickels and mint sets. Checked the Redbook for specials....annnnnd.....nada. Oh yeah lol....I be should probably weigh it huh? Anyways....I'm frickin stoked. In the end the only one's opinion of me that really mAtters is the man upstairs.!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    Melcha11 likes this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

:hilarious:... It's called common sense buddy.

Knowledge of the minting process and how true mint errors occur are a must when attributing such issues. I know what you're thinking.. "Oh go back to your mother's basement, get a life" ;)

5. SCS2019

SCS2019 New Member

Interesting......may I ask you a question? Unfortunately context is lost in writing. I don't want to come off as a Smart aleck or make you tuinknIm being facetious.

6. paddyman98

What? o_O

7. paddyman98

I don't have anyone living upstairs from me.. I live on the top floor! :hilarious:

8. SCS2019

SCS2019 New Member

The statue of liberty.....what is it made of?

9. paddyman98

easy.. Liberty ;)

Amos 811 and Devyn5150 like this.
  10. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Well-Known Member

-Edited to removed copyrighted material - copper - Edited to removed copyrighted material -

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2019
  11. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Well-Known Member

Cheeky and not facetious in the slightest ✌️

paddyman98 likes this.
  12. SCS2019

SCS2019 New Member

Sorry....I seem to have forgotten where I was going with that...Everytime I pull up the forum I read a bit more about the statue of liberty....oh! Look! Squirrel!

Melcha11 and Burton Strauss III like this.
  13. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

@Devyn5150 - ii may be a friend, but you can't just copy pages of text ... That's called a copyright violation.

You can certainly report the fact and then give the URL.

14. Melcha11

Melcha11 Member

Why thank you so much Randy!!! I'm a very resilient woman. I think after all that, they showed true colors and I like up front bearers!
    Oh,and old coins take me back to a time I could hand over a penny and get a handful of candy for my friends and I! I collect many old, vintage, antique things. Pennies and dolls are my recent endeavors. I'm better at the doll collecting I promise! Anyway, thanks for the introduction and it's nice to meet you!
    Now I wait for the spelling ,not grammar Nazi. Lol

15. Melcha11

Melcha11 Member

I'm here. I'm doing some recon thinking this very edited second! Wow

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2019
  16. paddyman98

We figured that out decades ago. It's not a new concept :facepalm:

I have several of them of many years attributed! And many more in the raw ;)
    20180208_213654-1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Amos 811 likes this.
  17. SCS2019

SCS2019 New Member

Wow.....I am in awe....seriously lol

paddyman98 likes this.
  18. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

This is what many new members don't understand when they start to disagree with the answers they receive. Members here arent just "some guy with an opinion". Many are extremely knowledgeable of errors and the minting process. I can think of at least a dozen+ members on here whose opinions I would trust over a random coin shop owner. Yet there is always a new member who says "I need to show it to my expert" because they got an answer on here that they didn't want to hear. Unless your local expert is Fred Weinberg, you probably aren't going to get better answers (oh wait, he answers questions on here too)

19. Mark A Williams

Mark A Williams Active Member

Nice pic of the 43 Steel cent.

20. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  21. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I would like this twenty times if I could. Greatest rock band ever to this old boy.

Melcha11 and juris klavins like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted