Hello, new here and new to collecting.Tell I'm not crazy and list the errors and what's the value?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Melcha11, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Goodness. Fellows certainly outdid yourselves....... @Melcha11, I welcome you to coin collecting. While it is true your cent is a common coin with little intrinsic value, it is rich in historical value. When you hold that coin you can think of the history, soldiers and lovers that simple cent has witnessed in its lifetime. Coin collecting is truly a rewarding hobby. Welcome.

jafo50, John Skelton and James.R like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. James.R

James.R Just Here

No anger here. Just respect. Maybe do some research on it and you might learn the trade. It doesn't matter if I like it or not. It's just common decency... well, maybe not so common anymore. But eventually this site will die down to you and about 5 others who disrespect all the newcomers if you guys can't simply respect others

NOS likes this.
  4. James.R

James.R Just Here

Your absolutely right. The history of that era is amazing and very intersting. And Its pretty awesome that coins have made their imprint in that time and still hold a piece of that history. .. if that makes sense lol

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  5. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

Its all my fault. I just dont like it when people find a coin, think they are rich, then they go slab it, never come back to say we were right. So depending on the current beer intake, we have fun with these folks.

6. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

If words hurt people, they really should abstain from keyboards and screens.

7. James.R

James.R Just Here

Ok, yea I can see where you guys are coming from. Especially if you guys get alot of people like that. People who think they hit the lotto, come on here and ask a question or 2 then find out they should stick to collecting rocks lol. I understand now. I didn't really think about it that way... but still, at the same time, you never know if thats what their intentions are.. lol I don't know, I'm just all about respect. Had a few beers in me and went straight into sticking up for the beginners mode lol.

Spark1951 likes this.
  8. James.R

James.R Just Here

And its not really words, or even people being hurt by other peoples words... its just respect. Hell, the keyboards and screens are probably what is killing respect. Most people who disrespect behind the screen wouldn't disrespect others to their faces.

9. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

yup, we only want those strong enough to handle our banter anyways, so it all works out. Weed out the chaff....

10. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

These people do not respect us to begin with, or they would do some actual recon prior to a dumb post.

11. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

People dont like to do anything anymore, and hope others will do it for them.

James.R likes this.
  12. James.R

James.R Just Here

That is true. But i dont think most of them disrespect by just being lazy and posting a pic and asking a question.. but thats my opinion. It's not like they post a pic and say "hey, one of you numismatic crack heads tell me what this is" lol.. but yea.. I understand a little more now that I've only got one beer in me instead of 5 or 6 lol. Didn't really think about none of it before I wrote it. My fingers just threw up on the keyboard haha.. honestly here in about 2 or 3 months I might or might not understand even more and be right there with you guys. Just maybe a little more nicer yet blunt.

Amos 811 likes this.
  13. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Is that a ghost image of Abe’s face to the right on the obverse?

James.R and Amos 811 like this.
  14. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

No, its Kennedy.

15. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I never mean disrespect. If I say one thing to a new member I get a big thanks. If I say the exact same thing to another I get the "you are a jerk" response. It's amazing the responses I have received over the years. But the good ones out weigh the bad ones.. So I continue doing what I do. Peace buddy. :angelic:

Spark1951 and Heavymetal like this.
  16. James.R

James.R Just Here

Peace

paddyman98 likes this.
  17. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

It's not that they don't disrespect us.
    They believe the fake YouTube and click bait websites first because by believing it they'll be rich and they're just here for confirmation. When they don't get confirmation, well ....

paddyman98 and PlanoSteve like this.
  18. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Honestly, if I would have had CT in 1970 when I was excitedly plucking wheat cents from my lunch lady change, I am sure I would have posted every one of them confident that each wheat was as marvelous to everyone else as it was to me.... It isn’t about doing recon. A new collector wants some affirmation that their find is as glorious as it is to them. Yes we have an Internet now and information is exceedingly simple to come by. But the new collector is seeking affirmation just as a kindergartener wants mom and dad to love their crayon masterpiece. And if we want to encourage new collectors then us old seasoned folks should offer that affirmation.

19. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Well-Known Member

This was fun. Indeed dear lady you have a fan in me. You held your own in grand fashion and my applause is yours! Keep that - Edited - up, it was wonderful, lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2019
    Melcha11 and Randy Abercrombie like this.
  20. HookFynn

HookFynn Member

i love how it looks like Abe is casting a shadow to the right.

Melcha11 likes this.
  21. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

I think it looks more like John Wilkes Booth...eerie! :eek:

Melcha11, Amos 811 and HookFynn like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted