Hello guys question here?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by imprezax06, Jan 12, 2017.

1. imprezax06

imprezax06 Active Member

What is your strategy on coin roll hunting for profit. And by profit I mean money to fund more coins for my collection. Do you only search halfs , Nickels, pennies what do you look for. Thanks guys

SmilingCat likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

For profit? You could make more money doing a real job. Hunt for fun, not profit ;)

4. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Most people who CRH are after silver. Halves are probably your best bet there.

5. imprezax06

imprezax06 Active Member

The thrill of finding something cool has always been fun. And when I sale or trade my finds it's for other coins or money for other coins. I'm Just trying to build my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmilingCat likes this.
  6. Truble

Truble Well-Known Member

In general I agree, I have been extremely blessed in my finds and searches, that I can say it has been profitable. I have funded two Disney vacations, and two Competitive Club Volleyball Seasons for my daughter in my searches. It is not the case everywhere or everyone, and it does take some experimenting on what works and does not for your specific search area; along with the techniques you use to dump. but in general I think it is always fun to find something cool or unusual. I definitely would starve doing this as my only job, but as a side hustle, its less risky than other side jobs and can be relaxing. just enjoy the hunt, it you profit from finding something that's just the added bonus.

SmilingCat likes this.
  7. David Setree Rare Coins

David Setree Rare Coins Well-Known Member

If you don't mind 50¢/hour remuneration, hunt for profit.

Otherwise, hunt for the thrill of the find.

wxcoin likes this.
  8. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I haven't searched through bank rolls since I was a kid. The thrill was finding the unexpected. My first Indian cent came out of a roll of cents I got from my local bank (of course that was around 1970). A few years ago I purchased some uncirculated wheat rolls but realized that these rolls most likely were cherry picked so in the end it was probably not a good investment; not to say it wasn't fun going through them. If you are lucky maybe you can get some rolls that were cashed in as part of an estate. I cringed when my dad told me about taking buckets of silver coins to the bank from his late uncles estate back in the early 60's (unfortunately before I became interested in collecting coins). I still wonder if there may have been key Mercury dimes and Standing Liberty quarters in the lot.

imprezax06 likes this.
  9. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

How about sharing some of your dump techniques?

imprezax06 and SmilingCat like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted