hello everyone have a question about Apmex

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CoinAlbum1704, May 19, 2015.

1. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Hmm, another Certified Financial Planner. Not that there are many good savings vehicles; they're aren't. Anything right now with any upside is also dripping with risk.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

do NOT judge me. I never claimed to be anything. you make it sound that owning any bullion silver is a bad thing. I am not a stacker. I do not have that much money to invest in large amounts of silver. I would rather buy world coins. to each his or her own.

4. V. Kurt Bellman

Sorry, it's a reflex. It is impossible to either save or invest by buying silver. It is only possible to speculate by buying generic silver. It is important to call it what it is - commodity speculation.

5. Vegas Vic

Vegas Vic Undermedicated psychiatric patient

Could you post a link for these actions? I'd like to see what you are talking about please.

6. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

If you only wish to have your hand held, you're right... perhaps this wasn't the best choice of forums to join. However, if honest and (in some cases) experienced opinions your goal, it wasn't a bad choice. You do not have to like what is said to you here, and perhaps it doesn't come across as being overly friendly, but it is sincere and said with your best interests in mind. Too many come here under the guise of seeking advice, and before too long are outted as just wanting to be coddled and told they're right even when wrong. You can be one of the latter and leave feeling victimized, or stay and possibly learn something; the choice is yours.

7. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

no problem. I like it being called "commodity speculation". I understand buying generic silver. you do not have to pay the high premiums on ASE's and Canadian silver maple leafs.

8. CoinAlbum1704

CoinAlbum1704 Member

your alright i don't want my hand held either aren't we all victims of this game. the only reason i own silver is cause its not like i can get a job i have a criminal record 2 pages long. on that note owning silver makes me fell better about being part of lower middle class because it not like i was born into a rich family . and everyone in this world having money to spend makes me not want to touch the stuff at all. simply said simply the truth.

9. BooksB4Coins

If I recall correctly, the mods shut that thread down fairly quickly, but I promise you that others remember it as well. Some of the most "interesting" threads here have, understandably, disappeared without a trace.

The not-so-little fella was even kind enough to set up a GoFundMe page for our convenience. If anything, Timmy was an interesting character who contributed a bit of "color" to the forum.

10. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Hey I lived through that crap as well but I was kid. Did it "move" my soul? No. The Story of Anne Frank did though. Imagining the inhumanity that man inflicts upon his fellow man simply because they believe something different is what turns my stomach. Especially when names are bantered about such a "a fool".

I don't remember it specifically, but I can only assume that a certain amount of media fueled hysteria took control of the common man's psychy in the late 50's, early 60's. However, despite the best efforts of the high powered Fall Out Shelter salesman and the over reactive media, the reality is that..........nothing happened. Nara! Zippo!

As for the Zombucks? They are 1 ounce .9999 fine silver. I like em, and I buy em because I'm not so biased in my opinions as not to know the difference between "thought provoking" entertainment that involves the complete collapse of governments, law enforcement and in some cases, humanity and reality.

The reality is that we're all gonna die despite what some afterlife zealots believe and there just is not a second chance/life/whatever. Having fun with what we do even if its buying silver fashioned in a mock representation of some ever present (in the minds of many) apocalyptic event, it's still silver which can be used whether it's today or tomorrow, it still has intrinsic pm value.

The guy asked, and I answered.

11. 19Lyds

P-f-f-f-f-t!

The term "we" is bandied about fairly freely here because "we" usually requires more than a single opinion.

12. 19Lyds

"WE" .............. all know what it means.

13. Vegas Vic

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  14. BooksB4Coins

It's okay, Vic... whatever it was, I'm a big boy.

15. Vegas Vic

Taking the idea from Timmy I'm publicly announcing the "buy me a Stella" campaign. So everyone here, buy me a Stella.

spirityoda likes this.
  16. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

No. Get your own.

17. V. Kurt Bellman

Sorry 19Lyds, but if you really think silver is a way to financial security, "fool" is exactly the right word for you. I have now seen dozens of people burned by the two crashes from silver bubbles, one of whom took his own life over it. Good luck. With judgement like yours, you'll need it.

18. 19Lyds

I never said that and in fact, said quite the opposite. Specifically:

19. V. Kurt Bellman

We're in agreement then. I own many ounces of silver coins. I don't even know how many ounces. What I do know is how many ounces of silver I own in order to own silver per se, and that number is 0.00 ounces. Every bit I own is either part of a set, part of an exhibit I'm working toward finishing, an award for giving a talk or some such at a coin event, a door prize, or a gift from a present or past family member. I am not a bullionist and I am also one of the biggest critics of Austrian School economics (from which bullionism flows) that you'll ever meet. I was taught Keynesian economics from a professor who was taught by Keynes himself, and I have never needed another paradigm to explain anything I've ever seen in macroeconomics. Those who think Keynesianism is wrong never learned it properly. Keynes explains everything, if you just go deeper than the gloss level.

And I remind you that John Maynard Keynes was one of two chief architects of the eventual end of bullion based money, along with Harry Dexter White.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  20. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

you can make money in silver if silver spot price gets higher than you bought it at. look at the silver historical charts on Kitco. 2011 silver almost made it to $50.00 an ounce. people made a killing back then. I would not put all my money on PM's. maybe 10%. me personally maybe 5% or less.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  21. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Thankfully there is only one right answer on monetary bullion standards, investment and how we should live our lives. Not.....

Compilation I'm All Right Coin.jpg

-jeffB likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted