hello everyone have a question about Apmex

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CoinAlbum1704, May 19, 2015.

1. Vegas Vic

Vegas Vic Undermedicated psychiatric patient

Sounds to me like the disaster has already happened. We just get to see the aftermath

spirityoda likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Fine point indeed. Perhaps this travesty of common sense would best be described as an aftershock.

4. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

This is the kind of stupidity we sow when we tolerate within numismatics the whole "the dollar is doomed, go stack silver" bozos that poison the chances of the gullible like the OP. I say we call them out as "financial terrorists", whether they're some kid poster or Pat Heller or even PCGS's esteemed Mr. Hall.

I'm dead serious! If you want to ruin your own financial future playing in commodities, that's one thing. When you try to sell it to the gullible, you are plainly and simply a financial terrorist.

Any field that refuses to police its own ranks deserves whatever external regulation befalls it.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

lol I almost fell off chair when I read that. thanks for that laugh... I needed it. :hilarious:

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  6. V. Kurt Bellman

Okay, educate me. I passed right over that word. No idea what it refers to.

7. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

Search for the member name 'Detecto' and then read one of the numerous threads he started and it will make sense in short order.

spirityoda likes this.
  8. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

You'll have to go back to the oldest threads to fully appreciate the reference -- he came a long way during the time he was active here. (He did drop back by briefly earlier this month.)

spirityoda likes this.
  9. Vegas Vic

Vegas Vic Undermedicated psychiatric patient

Did you see this Kurt?

Dude he's not a stacker he can stop spending his own money and uses the liquidity pause to prevent excess spending. I strongly doubt he understands the silver market.

10. V. Kurt Bellman

Okay, I get it. But I got distracted by a thread on vonNotHaus' escapades and some jabronie's post wondering if people were going to Jekyll Island to celebrate his legal demise. I would have, no problemo, Señor. Fed haters are my favourite targets. It's too easy to reveal them as idiots. :p

11. V. Kurt Bellman

"(H)ave money in something other than the dollar..." is what spoke loudest to me. That kind of talk fairly flows from the stacker mentality. Agreed, this particular bird has some "unique issues", many involving many areas of impulse control. He may not BE a stacker, but he's susceptible to the stackers' particular rap.

12. CoinAlbum1704

CoinAlbum1704 Member

seriously everyone that belongs on this forum is going to tell do not buy silver anything. i remember getting taken for a couple hundred pennies a couple years i took to the local coin shop. but getting taken i always get taken for some bs. i worry less about getting taken by one of these online coin company.

what i worry about mosts is the coin company selling me damanged coins if you want the truth.

13. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

if you're that worried about damaged coins then buy slabbed coins from PCGS or NGC.

14. BooksB4Coins

Perhaps I am mistaken (and, yes... I did read the entire train wreck), but if his claimed problem of holding onto money is true, common sense should dictate he at least wait until he actually has his own money to worry about. Instead of $500 available on a high interest credit card burning a hole in his pocket, and dreaming of silver he's almost certain to lose money on, he would be better served by simply cutting up said card. Problem solved.

spirityoda likes this.
  15. V. Kurt Bellman

+1

Also, being concerned about "damage", this makes no sense at all with generic bullion pieces. Damage only matter with numismatic coins. Bullion is strictly about weight. Nothing else matters.

16. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

Maybe put your money into march of dime set.

spirityoda likes this.
  17. CoinAlbum1704

CoinAlbum1704 Member

well the ones i have so far are not in mint condition there got some scratches and scuffs on em. i really don't know what to say anymore about this. you all make me think my silver bullion isn't going to worth scrap like whatever though maybe this wasn't the best forum to join to begin with. you people are all wound up like tooth and nail .

18. V. Kurt Bellman

Exactly, it will ALL be worth precisely silver's scrap value when you sell, regardless of condition or damage. Now you get it. And nothing more needs to be said.

19. CoinAlbum1704

CoinAlbum1704 Member

i know mod close this thread lol love

20. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I buy small amounts of silver just to have as savings account for the future. It's nice to have in silver form that way I do not spend it. keep it for a rainy day. do not expect to make a lot of money on it. :greedy:

21. BooksB4Coins

I don't know, Jeff... expecting the forum to buy him a new car and asking to show how much he matured by offering to donate what he did not spend to charity doesn't suggest much growth. Although my hopes were that Timmy had started the process of growing up and starting a life for himself, away from mommy and daddy, I recently found him posting, quite regularly, on another forum; trust me when I say that nothing has changed.

Draft saved Draft deleted