hello everyone have a question about Apmex

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by CoinAlbum1704, May 19, 2015.

1. CoinAlbum1704

CoinAlbum1704 Member

Saved my money for a long time and now i have 500 dollars on my credit card to spend on coins. i decided to buy at apmex just because they take credit card payments.

but my question is im not the kind of collector thats going to keep these coins forever.
    i just can't a find a job these days and make my money money neighbors yards and stuff. so with that said i live with my mom in her house. but im hoping in light years away after mother passes away i'll have some money for a life somewhere eles.

i got 9 wholesalecoins direct brand strike coins already i hope i can sell them somewhere. i don't see why what it matters what the coin has struck on it because i mean its not like you can't melt the silver down and make nice silverwear or jewlry with it. but my question is how hard will those wholesale brand coins be to sell will wholesalecoinsdirect the website buy those coins back suggesting the site is still up 10 years will they buy those back.

what should i buy from apmex that they will buy back for sure or other sites will buy back. the morgan silver dollars random year seem good i could probly get 18 of them or something with 500? honestly they seem like the best bet besides the canadian maple leaves but i watched some videos on youtube about it and he said they definelty buy back the apmex brand silver bullions. at almost spot price so i might buy those.

yes i saw videos on how not to get ripped off and what silver coins to buy that websites will most likely buy back. care to weigh in.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

I bought cull silver bags, and when i had to liquidate, it was easy. They are a good source for cheap silver coins, and some were real nice, I got about 1k face for 10k in 2005 when silver was at $13.50.

4. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

So, essentially, it sounds like you want to "rent" some coins meaning, buy them today then sell them back to whomever you purchased them from?

Not many bullion dealers, such as APMEX, are going to buy your coins back without you losing a good sum of money. Their business is to sell bullion and "make a profit". The only possible way that they could buy your coins back (without you losing money) would be if the price of bullion goes up and in that case, you'd bne losing market value.

Additionally, even though APMEX accepts credit cards, they do "charge you" for that luxury. That charge is based upon a certain percent which means that the advertised price, is not what you'll be paying at checkout. Again, Credit Card Companies charge at least a 3% transaction fee which APMEX passes on to you the consumer.

My advice is to buy ONLY what you intend on keeping and/or collecting and NEVER expect to "break even" on your purchases. Regardless of how much time has [assed between purchase and sale.

That's not to say that it cannot be done but judging from your question(s), I don't think you currently have the capability to do so. As such, be careful on what you buy and don't always think that APMEX or some of the other big bullion outfits is the way to go.

spirityoda likes this.
  5. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

most online places will buy back but with coins or bullion its not an over night thing some times it takes years just depends but i wont happen over night thats for sure

6. Tom B

Tom B TomB Everywhere Else

You should not buy coins at all. Run away from this hobby until you are financially independent, knowledgeable and a better decision maker.

7. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

You really need to think carefully about why you want to buy silver coins? Just to have silver? To make money?

In general, unless the price of silver increases substantially you won't make money buying silver for resale.

8. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

true price needs to rise a good bit to make money selling to dealers now i do ok but i dont sell to dealers

9. CoinAlbum1704

CoinAlbum1704 Member

none of you even understand mentally what i have stashed inside my brain in doing this hobby or why i do this begin with. i buy these coins because i have trouble hanging on to money to begin with . and of course with these silver coins.

im not doing to make money neither. i buy the coins to have money in something other than the dollar.

10. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

now that is something i can relate to having your money in a tangible asset but there are other places with better prices check out providentmetals and no i dont work for them

11. CoinAlbum1704

CoinAlbum1704 Member

to tom b im not going to run away from this hobby cause some hotshot playboy broker wants to shatter the aspirations of struggling poor young man aspiration to make himself feel at ease. not gonna happen .

with that said i will buy silver bullion coins . i have watched enough jim kramer to know i'm making the right decision. and with that said never ask for advice on how to spend your money to someone you don't know often there gonna steer you the wrong way or try to have all for themself. obviously its the nature of the human race.

the object wasn't make money it was have a sound way to hold money in a place besides my credit union. with that said the price could rise in 100 to 200 years if silver ever becomes as precious and rare commodity as gold as become.

and i will buy silver american bullion coins there shiny clean i like them. silver is awesome anyways. and has been since silver forks and spoons and teapots were created. since none of you seem have any advice on what picture would be cool to have on the coin i will just pick one and hope for the best. and i will never become financially independent because i will never have the respect of anyone to get a real paycheck after i got a dui and hurt someone in the accident . with that said. yes i am scheming we all do it .

credit card debt sucks but the interest rates on credit cards and the fact i have one and the fact i have to oppurtunity is reason of to stay in this game

12. CoinAlbum1704

CoinAlbum1704 Member

ok i most certainly will lucky thanks

13. CoinAlbum1704

CoinAlbum1704 Member

yeah the website i found when i searched silver cull. so i should use them i suspect.... to buy coins do they accept a mastercard?

14. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

now if your looking something very liquid easy to sell go with American silver eagles i usually buy what ever is cheapest like generic buffalo rounds they sell easy as well

15. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

they take credit cards check money order what ever i usually use postal money order you get a cheaper price that way and all orders on provident of 99 dollars or more ship free

16. CoinAlbum1704

CoinAlbum1704 Member

thats why i was going to use apmex they accept cc. looks like PM has the same format as most of these bullion outfits but they offer free shipping. maybe not charge as much for using a credit card

17. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

also with apmex to get there quoted buy prices you need to sell them 10,000 dollars of that item to get that price

18. CoinAlbum1704

CoinAlbum1704 Member

yeah thats what i was getting at very easy to sell i don't know who said its going to take years to sell i think he was thinking in a more intuitive sense. im a darn good decision maker just more hesitant when spending a large amount of dough. was thinking about buffalo but i don't like the animal so i gonna get something different

19. CoinAlbum1704

CoinAlbum1704 Member

i read that you need 10,000 dollars on apmex to sell them any thing is that how of it work? . i barely plan to ever reach that amount of liquidy. is provident metals different? i will prolly not have enough to sell but then again i might.

20. lucky43113

lucky43113 Active Member

yea i called apmex 10k to sell but if you want there quoted price it has to be 10k of same item provident was 2k last time i sold didnt matter what items as long as the total was 2k or more

21. CoinAlbum1704

CoinAlbum1704 Member

thats good to know and comforting knowledge to sleep on . around here in ohio i know all the places in a 100 mile radius and all them will rip you off hard if your trying to sell silver gold or diamonds

Draft saved Draft deleted