Hello again fellow Coin lovers. Would you grade this an ms65?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by StrongCoins33, Jan 22, 2018.

1. StrongCoins33

StrongCoins33 Love Conquers All.

I recently purchased the coin on eBay noticed what looks like dirt and not spots not sure what it is or if it’s true to its grade.

I have picked up some books to learn more about grading. I am looking for some experienced help To determine if it’s a good ms65 regardless of what looks like dirt or spots and what exactly I am seeing on this coin.

I also would like to know if it’s worth getting the PCGS restoration program and if that could possibly help me get a better grade out of this coin it has been to cac so I would have to resend to get restickerd if I go down this path.

Thanks in advance fellow coin lovers look forward to your thoughts.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

asheland likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

4. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Seems like a 65, but at the end of the day, what matters is if you like it. If you don't like the coin, send it back and look for another. There are plenty out there to choose from, so you shouldn't have to settle for one that bothers you.

5. IBetASilverDollar

IBetASilverDollar Well-Known Member

Hard to tell a ton from the images but I'll say if it passed as a 65 at CAC you can be relatively confident it's a quality 65 as they are very tough on this series and gold in general.

What reason were you looking at conservation for? I definitely wouldn't go that route unless I'm missing a bad spot or something but looks like a great coin as is.

edit: just looked up pop reports. Over 80,000 have been graded 65 by NGC and PCGS and CAC has only stickered 1700 1924's in 65.

6. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

If you have a cac sticker on a Pcgs ms 65 saint then yes it is a 65 without question.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  7. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

65 solid.

StrongCoins33 likes this.
  8. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

Nice coin! If it was mine, I would leave it in the current holder. I don't see the upside to spending more money on this one.

9. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I think it's a very nice looking clean Saint. I wouldn't do anything to it. It has a tiny but of spotting...but nothing unusual or anything to be worried about.

StrongCoins33 and Two Dogs like this.
  10. GoldBug999

GoldBug999 Well-Known Member

It would be helpful to have clearer photos, but it looks to be in the MS64 - MS65 range.

11. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

Looks 65 to me.

12. Ron W

Ron W Member

13. Ron W

Ron W Member

Great looking coin , I would leave it as is.

14. RickO

RickO Active Member

That coin is graded properly - as best as I can see from those pictures. No conservation will change that grade. If it bothers you, sell it and get one that makes you happy.

15. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

65 cac leave it alone you’re not going to upgrade it and it’s original and solid for the grade

16. StrongCoins33

just want to thank y’all so much for the excellent responses.
    Really appreciate your thoughts.
    I will definitely keep it as is because of the cac.
    I am learning so much from you guys thanks for making this an awesome community experience.

:)

(I was not sure if it’s copper spotting or dirt on the coin. I am super grateful for the coin. )

17. StrongCoins33

Thanks!

18. StrongCoins33

Thanks!

19. StrongCoins33

Thanks!

20. StrongCoins33

Thanks!