Having fun with my Dino-Lite

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by dwhiz, Sep 25, 2015.

1. coinzip

coinzip Well-Known Member

I'm an Authorized Dino-Lite Dealer, here is a little experiment I did with different models using the same coin.

@cpm9ball &
    rickmp You can take images of the full slab.

Taken with an AM3111

[​IMG]

same coin taken with an AM411T

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinzip

Sorry Rick but you are wrong about this.

First magnification is relative to the distance from the object. If you are touching the surface of the object with the scope you can focus at 20x and 200x.
    If you move 1 quarter of an inch above the object you will be able to focus at about 50x and 220x.

4. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

I know with my scope I can touch the coin at 50x and 500 with my scope, but it will only take images with the 50x, it won't take the 500, you can only view it with the one I have ..

5. coinzip

What scope do you have Rick?

6. Rick Stachowski

7. Rick Stachowski

Heres an image down on the coin, best it can take for a close up A011 - 20150614_154641 (2).jpg Heres the same image, just cropped and enlarge A011 - 20150614_154641 (3).jpg

8. coinzip

Rick here is a demonstration of what we are referring to, you can take a photo any time you want by clicking the camera icon
    Edited. Advertising .

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
    Rick Stachowski likes this.
  9. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I've have had my scope 15 plus years and it still works great. I purchased a cheaper tripod stand from Alan as well a Led light box. The light box comes with different plastic background cards in high gloss black and white,as well as matte finish dull.
    I have given Alan some black blocks we use to set deli cases with to block the meats to display the way we want them to look. You can use these blocks in many ways. You can cut them to shapes to get the angle you want or even cut a slit in them to do rim edge shots.
    I use my scope all the time, I love it , it's some of the best money I have spent in this hobby .

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  10. Paddy54

Another hint when shooting proof coins with mirror surfaces . Use a pen light and turn off the scopes leds. The tip of the scope is clear so lay the pen light at any of the 360 degrees around to lighten the coins surface. Shoot the image. So no back scatter from the mirror surface of the coin.

Rick Stachowski and coinzip like this.
  11. Rick Stachowski

Another good thing about dino-lite, you can go on the web site and up grade the program your scope came with ...

12. Rick Stachowski

I also own the stand to the right too ..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
  13. zurn

zurn Junior Member

Hi
    can you tell me does the Dino light work w/ Apple /

14. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

The optical magnification required to digitally image a coin depends in great part on the pixel resolution of the camera sensor. The Amscope coinzip linked above only offers 640x480 resolution, and would require significantly more optical magnification than a dSLR-based solution offering images in excess of 4000 pixels. Me, I could not ever imagine needing more than 5x optical with my rig; my 4x Nikon Plan can image a single date digit too large to post here without downsizing.

15. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Apple not sure what you are referring to?
    Maybe Allen can help

16. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

just did this the bottom of the clear lens is appox 17 1/2 " from the slab test 2z-horz.jpg

Paddy54 likes this.
  17. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

US silver dollars Cris,I finally got a AM2111 and it's a good unit I just need to learn how to use it right.

18. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Heck, my 105mm howitzer can get in pretty close with a little post editing.....

DSC_0849.JPG

dwhiz and Rick Stachowski like this.
  19. Paddy54

yes they do work with any system see link above and scroll down to the information .

Draft saved Draft deleted