Having another book published

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by sonlarson, Aug 31, 2015.

1. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Kirkuleez, onecenter, mlov43 and 10 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

4. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

awesome! congrats sonlarson!

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Congratulations and Best Wishes.

7. Mickey in PDX

Mickey in PDX Active Member

Best wishes on your new book!

8. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

You published this in hardback? Nice! Great presentation and layout, too, which makes the information in the book very clear.

Through what publisher did you do this?

9. sonlarson

WWW.blurb.com. They provide the software and templates. You can use their templates or create your own, which is what I do. When completed, simply upload and decide what formats you want. Hard cover, soft cover etc. They also offer various sizes and dimensions, as well as paper quality.. If you can work with Words, Power point or PDF, it is a simple process. I have created 6 books so far. Cost is only about $45 depending on what you chose. You can even download a copy in PDF. Try it, a lot of fun. I also like Blurb because you work off line and can take as long as you like. Takes me a few weeks working on it in my spare time.

10. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

What templates do you use? Or do you just use Powerpoint(?) and layout your text, pictures and captions that way? How many pages in length can a Blurb book be?

If I were to do this, I would have all kinds of graphics for the book I'm envisioning: Extensive text, with images that often have LONG captions, and diagrams (charts).

It seems Blub books are more picture-type books, not the kind of numismatic texts that I see at coin shows (i.e., "The Complete Canadian Coin Guide", etc). It definitely fit your audience's needs, that for sure. You've created a very nice book...

11. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Nicely done Mike, I'll have to put that on my library want list.

12. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

For a book like you describe, I would recommend CreateSpace. They are run by Amazon, so anything you load there will automatically be sold on Amazon. They are who I used to publish my book.

13. sonlarson

They have a variety of prepared photo and text templates. I select one close to what I want and then I adjust it to fit my personal needs. Or I'll start with a blank page and insert my text and photos templates to my own specifications. I am not real sure how many pages one could use. The largest I have done is about 65 pages. That one was mostly text. I did a lot of copy and past from Word on that one. It will allow you to import from text files. It was about my dad's childhood and military experiences during WWII. I compiled and published his stories after he past away to preserve them for my family.
    http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/4638496/da7f8696b32ebca09791903fac08f6832a456b87

Yes, it fits my personal needs which are me and my family.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted