Have no idea

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by The Bob, Sep 21, 2017.

1. The Bob

The Bob Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I have no idea either. Perhaps I would have there were a question being asked.

Hiddendragon likes this.
  4. The Bob

The Bob Active Member

I posted a couple of pictures last week and someone told me to photograph them straight - I just found these a week ago or so - I don't know anything about them they're my grandfather is having his stuff - p

Attached Files:

5. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

I see Mexican, Israeli, French, something Scandinavian, some British coins...

6. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Nothing strikes me as exceptional. They all look like the coins I have in my bulk lot drawer waiting for me to go through one day. The sort you can buy for $6 or $7 a pound.

The Bob likes this.
  7. The Bob

The Bob Active Member

how do I go about researching these ? must type the letter in a world coin identifier if there is such a thing - I love of them are from 1936

8. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Check out Numista.com

The Bob likes this.
  9. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

NGC has a good online World Coin Catalog. You can search there by country, denomination, and year minted. Most of those should be pretty easy, except the Israeli coins, those will take a bit more work.

10. The Bob

The Bob Active Member

IMG_1291.JPG I figured as much ty - I'll straighten them out and care for them - they were my Granpappys

11. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Worth 50 cents to a dollar depending on how good the obverse is.

The Bob likes this.
  12. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

See if your local or nearby library carries any of the Krause World Coin catalogs. They don't have to be the most recent and will help in ID'ing them.

The Bob likes this.
  13. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Most of them if you can't figure it out based on what it says, type in what it says in Google and you should find it right away. As others have said, these are the type of coins that most dealers sell in bulk lots or 20 cents each. I could sell a few on eBay for $1.50 or so, but it might take several months to sell them. They're common, but that doesn't mean they're not collectible. Sometimes people think only rare coins are worth collecting, but I don't think that's the case. I probably have most of these coins in my collection myself.

Oldhoopster and The Bob like this.
  14. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I could not agree more with this statement. I have thousands of coins which are desirable (to me at least) but worth less than a dollar each, many much less and mostly bough in bulk lots. But they are coins and help tell the story of the money of their country.

Oldhoopster, Hiddendragon and The Bob like this.
  15. The Bob

The Bob Active Member

As I said earlier - found these in my Grandpappys things - I have only been looking at coins for about 2 weeks. I am not sure it was him that traveled there. I love it. So bang interesting and engaging. They intrigue me unlike most things. Kinda been burned out on my profession and these came at the right time. Ty guys

Jasanche likes this.
  16. The Bob

The Bob Active Member

great site to id these - simple

17. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Lots of fun for burnout. Let's take that 5 centavo coin. Go on Google and put "1937 5 centavo" (without the quotes) and search. Click on "images" and see if you see the coin. Read about it...repeat...happy hunting and be sure and let us know if you find anything interesting.

The Bob likes this.
  18. The Bob

The Bob Active Member

will do guys and thanks

19. The Bob

The Bob Active Member

Interesting but nothing life changing in all of them

Draft saved Draft deleted