Have any of the 5 oz pucks went up in value?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Vess1, Feb 24, 2021.

1. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

Thanks Jim, I'm not sure that the picture does justice to the concavity of the coin.

I wonder if anybody knows if the "depth" or concacity can be measured on coins ? Maybe there's an actual measurement you need to hit to be classified as UHR instead of HR.
    Everybody should collect what they like. For most of us, our heirs or estates will be dealing with the sale so let's enjoy them while we have them.

troutrus likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. troutrus

troutrus Active Member

I collect them as mementos of places I’ve visited.

Scott J and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  4. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I agree with Goldfinger69. The coins are only ours for a short time, unless we will live for a long long time. I have 3 children. 2 are girls from a previous marriage. I have no clue what she told the girls, but they won't have anything to do with me. Which streamlines my will. However, my son visits me a couple of times a year. Summer and Christmas. He must have a nice job that he can afford alot that we never had when I was married to his mother. He has told me (not in so many words) that he doesn't have anything to do with his mother and he tells me about all the vacations he has with his 4 girls. However, his oldest served as a missionary for church and was married in under a year after she came home. My second oldest just finished her missionary service and has only been home a few months and she has gone back to school at a very expensive private University. His third daughter is going to the same University her 2 older sisters are at. When she reaches19, she told me she will be going on her mission and that she would go to the same university her two older sisters are at. Three daughters in college at the same time. Hopefully, there are all on Scholarship. They did graduate at the top of their high school class.
    Now, all he has at home is his last daughter and their dog Sandy that is male. He got the dog to increase the Testoserone at the house. Who knows what the youngest is going to do. All four daughters are smart. Their youngest is a rising Junior in high School. My son's wife is a teacher at a middle school.
    Anyway, I will keep my collection as long as I can. My wife knows very little about it other than I've spent a lot of money on coins. This from a girl that has a 2015 Toyota Camry ES with less than 20K miles on it, and a 2007 Camry LS with less than 50K miles on it, and a car that her mother drove everywhere, mainly to drive our dogs to the Vet and grocery shopping. It is a 2003 Toyota Corolla CE, and it still in great shape. It has about 120K miles on it. It has been totalled twice. The first time, she ran into 2 deer. Rather than sending to the junk yard, we had it repaired. It's a great car. She hadn't been home for about 9 months and she ran into another deer. Since the car had been totalled, they wouldn't pay for any repairs. So, we paid to have it repaired again. Both repairs cost about $2,500 each.
    So.... I will not leave our 2 homes, 4 cars (Did I mention that I have a 2015 Toyota Tacoma 4 wheel drive 6 Cylinders, 4.1ltr engine. My son has spoken for it. It has about $50,000 miles on it. My wife and I agreed that all of our assets are going to the ASPCA. (We have 6 dogs and a cat and live out in the country, about a mile down a dirt road and if anyone trespasses, I will blow out their tires. I have a warning a couple of places down the road.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  5. skm

skm Member

Advertise price of 5oz Tuskegee $184.68 from Bullion Exchanges plus free shipping.

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  6. troutrus

troutrus Active Member

Just received this as a birthday gift. Beautiful design with not too much busy detail work like some have.
    77DF9719-BCEC-45F9-A1CC-7225C08AD980.jpeg

7. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

I bid on a 5 ounce NPF Winged Liberty coin using Saint-Gaudens' design.

PF69, it went for almost $340. I bugged out at about $250 which is all I would go at this time.

8. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I just got my Tuskegee Airman. It's a beaut.

troutrus and GoldFinger1969 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted