Have any of the 5 oz pucks went up in value?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Vess1, Feb 24, 2021.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I think you've been talking to way to many PM bugs that have put silly ideas in your head

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

I think the silly ideas are in their head ! :D

You know what ? The markets will eventually tell us....if/when silver moves up nicely, we'll have a market on all these moderns. And I have lots of them, too, so whatever happens, I'll be happy to comment. :D

4. baseball21

70s aren't bullion plays, but yes if silver took off their price would go up to as every-time metals spike interest spikes in everything. No ones buying 70s hoping to invest for some massive silver spike though so there's no reason to keep thinking it's some sort of weird bullion play

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  5. slackaction1

slackaction1 Supporter! Supporter

Dont wanna mess you guyz up but there selling some of the collectors pucks below 200.00 like 195.00 bin.. on the bay..2013-P FORT McHENRY 5 Oz. .999 SILVER QUARTER ORIGINAL U.S.MINT BOX & COA 189.00 2016 P Fort Moultrie National Monument America the Beautiful 5 Oz Silver Coin 195. Dont know if you can any money at those prices though. Phil Ham is the go to guy on Pucks, he is a Puck sense type of guy.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  6. The high mintage bullion early issues and even "P' mint in OGP.Started collecting these in 2013 ,both collector and bullion strikes.Remember getting Chickasaw in PCGS 69 DMPL for $104 from MCM and all 5 2015 issues in OGP for $450 on E-bay.Except for Hawaii and Denali ,nobody pays any attention to these.Few dealers have any inventory and totally ignore this series which could be a good or bad thing.

7. GoldFinger1969

Those aren't bad and they are priced nice for silver....I like the Wedge-Tailed Eagles and Pandas myself.

8. GoldFinger1969

I have Denali and Yosemite and a few other parks...thought about Chickasaw, should have pulled the damn trigger. :mad:

Looking to get an A11 with a certain label.

slackaction1 likes this.
  9. skm

skm Member

Newest ebay listing for the Hot Springs 5 oz is $239

10. GoldFinger1969

If somebody really likes the coin's design, that's not a bad price to pay. I assume it's graded ? If not, a bit tougher to swallow but not exorbitant.

11. baseball21

Depends if it’s a P or not. The P are significantly more expensive

12. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

Are the coins without the "P" also Minted in Phili?

13. baseball21

Yea that’s the mint mark on them. They have a different finish too

14. Jim Dale

. I'm not sure of your response. I know the Phili Mint makes those with the "P" mintmark, but where are the "pucks" made that don't have a mintmark?

15. baseball21

Bullion ones are made at philly too. They’re the only one with the 5oz press.

16. Jim Dale

Thank you

17. troutrus

troutrus Active Member

I have a number of them representing locations I’ve visited over the years. For me they all increase in value each time I see them and recall the great memories made with friends/family members during those excursions.

Scott J, Vess1, skm and 1 other person like this.
  18. troutrus

troutrus Active Member

Just received another one. Many of my best days have been spent in a drift boat on a western river.
    45104279-D525-4FDC-9EBA-AE438C355C1A.jpeg 8295D741-A200-4C0F-A4F4-4E2993350FE5.jpeg

19. GoldFinger1969

Are some of you into these other designs...or are you just getting 5-oz. of silver in a coin at the cheapest price you can find, the coin design doesn't matter ?

For me, I want to like/love the design (i.e., Wedge-Tailed Eagle) and get the 69 grade (70 is OK if I can get it "cheap").

20. GoldFinger1969

HR vs. UHR....after reading the latest posts, I glanced over at my 5-oz. Wedge Tailed Eagle which is High Relief and wondered....why isn't this Ultra High Relief ?

It looks more concave than my 2009 UHR Saint or my Saint-Gaudens Commemoratives that are ultra high relief. I'm not sure if there is any measurement that says if you are HR or UHR.

Thoughts ?

2015 PR70 DCAM Wedge-Tailed Eagle closeup.jpg

troutrus and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  21. Jim Dale

WOW! I really like your Wedge-Tailed Eagle. I think it is one of the nicest of the pucks. I bought the Gettysburg puck from the mint a while back because of the topic being the Civil War. Evidently, no one else thought that way. I bought the Ellis Island puck because my great grandmother and her 7 children came over after WW I. She was alone through all of the challenges of a trip like that because my great grandfather was killed in France. Aside from that, I like all that Ellis Island means to us. Now that the mexicans are coming over the border, there seems to be little sympathy for them. Mothers and Fathers are dropping their children over the fence in Texas, hoping that their children will be able to have a better life. The holding cells are over blown with more children than their retaining cells can hold. I know it is the only thing we can do at this time, but it is only the best we can do.
    Have many of the puck collectors purchased them because of some personal reasons as I have. Best of luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted