Have a look at Rick's collection

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Peter T Davis, May 23, 2005.

1. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

One of our regular members just gave me a look at his collection site. http://rickscoinstop.com/ I thought it was well done, and wanted everyone to have a look. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bacchus

Bacchus Coin Duffer

I liked his Spanish, British, and Mexican coins.

Wish I could find a decently priced coin book that covers European coins over several centuries, say 14th to 18th centuries. I guess there were too many total designs for one book.

4. Art

Art Numismatist?

Nice website. The coins are beautiful. Must have been fun building that collection and now the site to show them.

5. rick

rick Coin Collector

Thank you.

I'm having a lot of fun with the site. It's coming off the ground pretty nicely. I still have a ton of work to do, but it's been a great time. Someday in the future, I will have to split out the misc. world coin page into separate pages by country.

It's nothing fancy, just a place to share my collection with others.

6. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Looks nice...BTW Rick...I was the one that told you that it mgith come up faster if you made more than one page...it does great now!!!

Comes up fast and the photos look great...

Speedy

7. rick

rick Coin Collector

I knew that was you, Speedy!

I agree with you, though. It looks better when I split things off from the main page. I knew I would have to eventually. down the road a bit, if my scanner doesn't give up on me, I will have to break down the Misc. World page into seperate continents or maybe even countries, individually.

There's a lot of work to do!

8. rick

rick Coin Collector

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to keep up with this page as best I could throughout the week. I have a few updates for anyone who is interested, including some chinese cash coins and a few pieces from australia, that I just uploaded today.

9. Speedy

Looks great Rick!!
    Everytime I go to your site I look for the US coins that are coming soon!!!--if they are like your world coins they will be great!!
    Almost makes me want to look for some World coins...but I'm trying not to think about that!!

Speedy

10. rick

rick Coin Collector

HA! You're right... I will post up some US coins next - they will be up by tomorrow, I promise.

I have to warn you, I don't have a whole lot to post! Probably nothing as exciting as the coins you talk about in your collection.

11. miker

miker New Member

Rick, you are being too modest about your site and your collection. A lot of hard work is evident in both. Congratulations

12. Speedy

Thats right....I have fun looking at coins from around the world---its almost as fun as buying as coin for my collection!

Keep up the great work.

Speedy

13. rick

rick Coin Collector

Thanks Miker! I'm glad you liked what you saw.

Well, I have a few US examples set up, not too many, but I picked out a few that I thought made a decent selection that best represents what I have.

14. Speedy

Nice coins again!!!

I want to go back and inlarge the photos again so I can get a better look!

Speedy

15. rick

rick Coin Collector

Hello everyone.

I have updated my collection images online, for anyone that is interested. I updated 4 more countries just today.

16. rick

rick Coin Collector

For those of you not sick of my site, yet (I think there are one or two of you out there), I made some updates. It might load a little slower now on cable modems - but that only seems to effect me and like two other people in the world, anymore.

Anyway - I changed up the layout a little bit, and added some new images.

17. Speedy

Looks nice Rick!!

Speedy

18. Steve E

Steve E New Member

Very nice Rick. Enjoyed viewing the coins. 2 thumbs up!!

19. rick

rick Coin Collector

Bump ba da bump bump bump

Just wanted to send word out that I updated my website today with all my christmas goodies, and I added a new page outlining my personal library (if you can call it that, at this point). I linked it in my 'about me' section, which is pretty short.

December was a pretty thin month for updates. Not much new in my collection (can't go around spoiling Christmas, you know).

20. BjC

BjC Senior Member

I really like how you have catalogued your collection on a website, I loved it. I like the cuban pieces (I have some but they are not old), I also like the egyptian pieces... good job on the site

Draft saved Draft deleted