Have a 1943 penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Michael Barber, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

The 1943 copper cent is probably the most faked US coin produced. Any new discovery will have to be authenticated. If you really believe you have something (in spite of all the comments from experienced numismatists), posting more pics isn't going to help. My recommendation is not to waste your money, but you seem to be determined to chase windmills, so the next step is to send it for authentication.

Here is a link to authentic coins. Compare the strike and characteristics to yours
    https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin...your 1943 Penny is the valuable bronze error?

If you want a matching set, you can order more from China. They won't have COPY stamped on them

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33029915292.html

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. montynj3417

montynj3417 Active Member

Take it to local coin shop(s). They'll hold it in their hand and examine it in real time. Listen to what they think about your find and then decide about your next move.

4. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

Not genuine.

It has a raised dot on Lincoln's jaw, and the relief on the Lincoln portrait is not right; it's too low.

Here's a genuine one in steel. Your coin should look like this, except that it is bronze, because it should have been struck on the same generation of dies.

1943CentO.JPG 1943CentR.JPG

5. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

I didn't know you could still buy wheaties.

6. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

Yes you can, probably anywhere they sell General Mills cereals.

7. sparkie

sparkie New Member

I have kept this penny for many years, hidden away. I was hoping some one could tell me if this is worth getting graded, I have 2 other ones in the same condition.

[​IMG]

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  8. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hello and Welcome. This is an old thread. Please start your own with Obverse and Reverse Pics. Thanks!

9. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

The asnwer is no. It looks nice but you can pick one up already graded almost anywhere for cheap.

1942.JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted