Have 27 rolls of W Quarters enders

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Cheech9712, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Yes. I got double enders of those

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Looks like somebody already did, though I don’t see any moderator actions logged. Did you figure it out yourself?

Cheech9712 likes this.
  4. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

What I would do.... Not tie up $270 saving rolls for 1 sure thing coin, and however many maybe's there might in the rolls.

I'd search them and set aside the finds for the grandbabies maybe stick them in airtites or another longer term solution for storage until they are older to give them to them so they don't spend them on candy or ice cream or something.

I have my fingers crossed for you that the rolls are heavy with Ws and the enders don't have the ring of death on them.

Now as far as the ones you are missing, and I think that's what you meant

5. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

Now as far as the ones you are missing, and I think that's what you meant. In the above quote that you had 7 coins of 3 compete sets, if that's the case, I'd take the extras from the 27 rolls, cash in the remaining non-Ws, and with the Ws sell them on ebay or wherever and buy the ones you are missing still, or... trade to get the ones you are missing with others.

if you just wanted to give the grandkids the rolls so they could hunt and they would have a guaranteed find, probably slip them into half dollar tubes for added protection and put them up until the kids are older. if the intent is to have a complete set for each grand kid, I'd try to complete that goal.

As it stands currently the Marsh Billings Rockafeller is the harder one to find of the 2020s, tallgrass (butterfly) is the 2nd hardest of the 2020s, The MBR sells a decent bit higher than the others, not as high as American Memorial is on ebay, which is the most costly though but MBR sells better than the other designs.
    So if you have extras of the MBR in those rolls, or even end up with a few extras of other designs, I think it's likely you can work a trade or straight up sell the extras you have to fund buying the ones you still need and complete the sets.

A MBR would get you $25-$30 on ebay, which won't be that far off from getting the AMP, I'd figure to sell two MBRs then use the funds for one AMP and one Tallgrass or lowell which are cheap, maybe every two MBRs could get you the 3 you need to complete a set even, 6 MBR or so and you'd be done I'd think.
    My biggest problem was biting the bullet and taking the leap into doing a couple trades and selling a couple on ebay and buying what I needed in order to complete one set. I sat on the fence for a while on what I should do to get it done. It wasn't that bad when I actually stopped hemming and hawing over it and just did it, it was like two weeks and a decent experience. I was much further behind than you, I just had 3 designs.

Anyways I wish you luck, above is how I ended up completing my set, the banks around me have been playing coin shortage for a year, my connections dried up, so hunting just wasn't really happening from March of last year for me anymore. I felt like either I just get it done or I might not ever get it done, but hoping to hunt them all myself for face values just wasn't working at all with this stupid 'rona!

trading might be hard, in the sense finding the ones you need to finish out your sets and also to have what that trading partner needs too,,,, selling your extras to fund buying the ones you have left might be the best course of action.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    Cheech9712 and Stevearino like this.
  6. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Here I am sitting on a kaleidoscope of butterflies (That's the actual term for a group of butterflies) and couldn't find a single other 2020 W. Had to trade around to get my 1 set. Still have almost 80 left in the wings (heh).

Lueds and Stevearino like this.
  7. Lueds

Lueds Well-Known Member

I think the advice @John Burgess gave is sound. I do hope your grandkids appreciate the coins when they are given. None of my family have any interest in coins sadly.

Haven't seen a single W of any year, make or model lol. Them's scarce as hen's teeth around these parts folks

8. Cheech9712

Yes. Got lucky I guess

9. Cheech9712

Yep. Guess it’s where you live. If you still need any other W’s. Let me know. I’ll try my best. The only ones I kept are the ones I found in circulation

10. Cheech9712

Thanks for the help

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  11. Cheech9712

Wow. Those are all great ideas. Thanks

Mark68 and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  12. Cheech9712

Draft saved Draft deleted