Has Your Interest In Foreign Coins Increased?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Evan8, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Come join us on the dark side ...

I really focused on U.S. coins for the first few years as a serious collector. Then once I had filled all my Whitman albums with the more affordable coins, I had a problem. Everything else I needed was too expensive. I turned to foreign coins and haven't looked back. There's nothing better than going to a coin shop with a big ol' bin of world coins and spending a few hours digging through it. I sometimes go home with 300, 400 coins and can easily do so for under $100 if I'm smart about it. If you're not rich it really makes a lot more sense. Of course you can't force an interest in it but the same things that originally drew me to U.S. coins also apply to foreign, with many other elements as well (like designs with themes like animals). I barely remember anything about U.S. coins anymore. Don't ask me to tell you any key dates or values. But I know all about coins from 200 other countries and territories.

Evan8, MIGuy and spirityoda like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

No increase or decrease, I like foreign coins and especially gold. Not the main focus of my collection but definitely part of it! :smuggrin:

1126131-3ga.jpg 1126131-3gb.jpg

Evan8, MIGuy and spirityoda like this.
  4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I have little to no interest in non USA coins. US coins are hard enough without taxing my old brain.

serafino and MIGuy like this.
  5. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

All gold coins regardless of country are beautiful in my eyes.

fretboard likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted