Has anyone else been experience S-L-O-W ebay shipping?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by treylxapi47, Nov 21, 2014.

1. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

If you want it fast I suggest you spring for upgraded service such as Priority or Express Mail.

Also, you need to choose your ebay sellers more wisely.

Some ebay sellers, especially the big well known ones, will take a few days to process an order. You can avoid suffering those delays by ordering from someone else who has a history of shipping within 24 hours. You can't just pick a seller based on having the lowest price and also expect to get your stuff the quickest too. Do a little research and then choose your ebay seller with some knowledge; or if you don't want to bother with that then just accept you are going to have to wait sometimes.

krispy likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

You all are too much. I should choose my ebay sellers more carefully? Ive been on ebay since ebay's inception, both buying and selling. I know ebay VERY well.

I am also reasonable on waiting for my packages. 5 days is a perfectly acceptable amount of time to wait, no problem there. I was just observing that it went from 2-4 days, pretty consistently, to 5+ and now I have had to wait over a week to even see status updates on at least 2 of my packages. All recently.

Now I know things happen, I know some sellers suck, but I just wanted to complain about something mundane today. I am under a ton of work related pressure and instead of whining about that I chose something small and trivial to make me feel a little better. I am annoyed by the seemingly slow shipping and how the consistency has completely changed from relatively quick to slightly slow.

As for the instant gratification comment. That was more of a tongue in cheek reflection of todays society and how that mentality crosses over into all facets of our lives. Its like now that we have instant communication and the internet and instant access we expect it all across our lives, even unknowingly interjecting into areas that havent necessarily caught up to the technology yet

4. sodude

sodude Well-Known Member

I've been on ebay a long time too. And I know when I order from certain sellers that they will have my package in the mail the same day and I know some others that will take 3-4 days to send it. The guys who ship quick are still doing what they've always done.

All I'm saying is that you should order from the quick shippers if you want it quick. If money is more important, then order from the cheapest.

5. krispy

krispy krispy

I'm sorry to hear that you've got some stuff causing you stress, but you're still barking up the wrong tree... You've not shown us that you did anything to eliminate all factors that point to eBay sellers holding your parcels back or accepting that there may be season or weather-related delays by the carriers. Without that and knowing you want to release your tension on a forum and by giving negative or neutral feedback to a likely innocent eBay seller's reputation is poor form, and probably why you're facing so much resistance. Have you contacted the seller(s) whom you believe are holding your mail back? Maybe they have difficulties in life too, perhaps even worse than your own, and perhaps they have been so busy they can't attend to completing your order by delivering your parcel to the PO, and even so busy as not to have the time to apologize and write to you about the delay. Things happen! I've been actively using eBay since 1998. I just had a piece of mail that I put in the PO system on 11/17 returned from the PO yesterday 11/20 and this morning I high tailed it to the PO on 11/21, and sent a buyer an email updating him of the status of his order, with my apologies and explanation of the delay. If you spent as much energy as I did trying to deliver customer service or your own leg work contacting the seller(s) and your local PO, you might work off some of that stress you came here to unleash.

micbraun likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted