HAS ANYBODY TRIED GETTING COINS FROM LOOMIS/BRINKS?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by DatDareNickelGuy, Feb 27, 2021.

1. DatDareNickelGuy

DatDareNickelGuy Well-Known Member

This would make sense. I have also heard of this from other tellers. Also the "coin shortage" didn't help.

I just have a feeling over time many banks will start to catch wind of all of us and put a stop to all of this :(

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AZSteve

AZSteve Well-Known Member

And maybe a side of W's !

4. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I know from researching it, Loomis, Brinks, Dunbar require a commercial storefront address to deliver and pickup from in order to do their change services, a residential address is out of the question, a "will call" is out of the question also.

Their rates vary from $88.00- $150.00 on average for one delivery/pickup per week to $400.00- $600.00 or so for 5 days a week service per week on a monthly contract. they charge an extra $100.00 for a holiday delivery or collection, And around $2.50 per minute for any stop that takes longer than 10 minutes.
    there's a $3.75 delivery fee per order made also.

And they charge $0.60 per strap for $1s or $5s,
    $0.085 a roll for coin... for cents, nickels dimes or quarters.

the rates vary slightly between companies. but it all works out the same.

As far as the change goes, you give large bills to the driver in exchange for small bills or coin and they bag, log and bar code it, the fees are billed on a monthly basis. This might vary by the company, but that's what Dunbar does.

it works for banks and large retailers for the security of it, but it prices most folks out of it, even if they do have a commercial property address to use. the service alone for one stop a week is like $400 a month. it's around $2000-$2500 a month for a 5 day service.

DatDareNickelGuy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted