Harriet Tubman commemorative coins coming in 2024

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by willieboyd2, Aug 14, 2022.

1. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Thought they were going to use her on a 20 dollar bill

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

If it doesn't get delayed again. It is currently scheduled for 2030.

While a couple of recipients of the surcharges have had their payout reduced some so the Mint could cover their expenses, the only program where the intended recipient got nothing was the Girl Scout dollar. Between low sales and extra advertising by the Mint, the sales proceeds didn't cover expenses and all of the surcharges went to the Mint to cover the loss.

There was the US Marshalls program where the surcharges were to be split among four different recipients. But the legislation mandated that the first $5 million in surcharges were to go to the US Marshalls Museum. Only $3 million in surcharges were raised. So the Museum got everything and recipients 2, 3, and 4 got nothing.

Or the Jackie Robinson Program, raised $2,425,430 in surcharges, but the legislation specified that the first $1 million was to be given to the US Botanical Gardens that had just had its own commemorative dollar earlier in the year. (It just so happened that the wife of the representative who submitted the bill for the Jackie Robinson coins, was the Secretary of the National Fund for the United States Botanical Garden. The person who received the surcharges for both coin programs.)

Kurisu, Cheech9712 and green18 like this.
  4. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I seldom buy commemorative coins. I did get each of the Apollo 11 and the Medal of Honor coins/medals. I did enroll in the military one-ounce medals though.

Collecting Nut likes this.
  5. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I hate the mint for reasons like that. They upped the rug right out from underneath them. I bet they had noble use for that cash. Shame

6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Like the sac. dollar going to be a dud :(

Rushmore likes this.
  7. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

These go on sale tomorrow, January 4.

green18 likes this.
  8. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

Whatever happened to Harriet being on the $20 bill.

ETA: Oops didn't see the post above. Just put Harriet out to circulation and be done with it!

9. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Money isn't everything, honor is!

Draft saved Draft deleted