Harper's Ferry S DDR

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by dchjr, Jul 30, 2016.

1. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

The corner of the building has bricks, that extend into the West wall from the East, and a section that looks rotated??
    16730153710134.jpg
    16730151030751.jpg
    16730153545120.jpg
    16730151044331.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Question. What's with the gold reflection in your pics.?:yack::blackalien:

4. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

It's just a light reflection from a lamp to the side.

usmc60 likes this.
  5. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

I personally solve that problem basically real in expensive way. Purchase one of these book lights, put a bunch of frosted tape over the light to reduce the glare. And one thing I found. You can position this light around the coin to get rid of all the shadows. So far it's worked out quite well. I like to call it redneck photography, whatever works.:happy::blackalien: book.jpg

dchjr likes this.
  6. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Well, I'm a huge red neck, so, I'm gonna hafta to pick one of these up. But, not @ Harbor Freight for $25, I'll try to find one @ the Flea Market of course

usmc60 and dchjr like this.
  7. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

Btw, this came back from Wexler as PMD. Oh well.

8. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

I agree with you no harbor freight. Unfortunately the cheap alternative would be E-BAY pick mine up there for under $10 and with free shipping.:bigtears::blackalien:

9. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Tell you what I do. I would hold on to this one and put it in your oddities file. Just a couple weeks ago had a nice discussion with John about one coin sent into him. Sent in a Denali 2013 with nose doubling, came back with no doubling just dirt were the doubling should be. When received the coin back I immediately put it under the microscope and determined it was a 011. John agreed to accept the coin back for re-evaluation. He is human and makes mistakes like everyone else. So now every coin I send to John, is photographed and put in my files before I send them off to him. So if I feel there is a discrepancy in his evaluation, I can double check my files so hopefully I can catch him before he sends it back. That way he can re-inspect the coin. I would highly recommend this to all members who send in coins. Photograph your errors before sending them in.:snaphappy::blackalien:

dchjr likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted