Harpers Ferry DDR

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by usmc60, Nov 3, 2016.

1. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Since I do not pay attention that much. Please post links to the ones that you've shown. I personally do not like showing pics that someone already has shown. In today's age, there's not that much to look forward to. Unless the mint really screws up and let's a bunch of errors go by. The scuttlebutt had is that the mint is purposely introducing errors to keep the collectors interesting in collecting, and have something to look forward to. And there's no way I would pay a $100 for attribution.I personally don't know anyone that would. That I will agree on. If you haven't notice times are changing. The mints production techniques are changing. Either you accept the change and grow with it. Or you stagnate and stay in the past. I preferred to accept the changes and to see what's new. Here in South Florida, like all around the country. You have people that like stealing other people's property. And when a thief runs across a coin collection. It is a good chance they're gonna spend that money in circulation. Because to them it only has face value. So at least in South Florida there's no telling what you're going to find in circulation. USMC60

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Attached Files:

4. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

5. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Rick when I found this one it reminded me of you. The most unusual Harpers Ferry DDR yet. It will have a listing in my files of. 2016-p 25c WV RSO24 2-3-17-U024.jpg :watching::blackalien:

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  6. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

I finally found your thread. I will be sure to check your thread from now on to make sure I do not list any of the ones you've already have found. https://www.cointalk.com/threads/multiple-harpers-ferry-doubled-dies.286206/ I would also suggest any members or anyone checking Harpers Ferry DDRs to check out bryantallard Thread for additional DDRs. USMC60

7. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Here is another new one for me.2016-p 25c WV U025 :blackalien: ct2-10-3-1.jpg

8. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

How many do you have now ?

9. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

don't let me stop you from posting your finds. it was not meant that way. the way you were listing them with "file numbers" I thought you were submitting them. i never pay for ones I find that others have posted because they might have sent it in before me. being in mass I have a greater chance of finding things first. the fact that you manage to find so many way down there is amazing. did you see this ddr I posted missing clad layer?

Attached Files:

10. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Yes I did I thought that was a very good find on your part. And if you notice I did put a like in on it. I look at it this way to each their own. My only question to you is, how do you keep track of the ones that you've already posted. The only reason I'm giving my numbers. Is to keep track of them in my files. And as you can see in a couple of my listings. I have already changed the number 2 A Wexler number. These were submitted in October 2016. Evidently John still having difficulties. I wish him the best. He managed to send my coins back to me with a letter that I have five new listings in his files. And this was last month when I received my coins back. But he must still be having difficulties because he has not updated his website yet.And as you can see by my last post u025, I went through and checked yours and mine and Wexler's listings. So I do not post ones that already been shown. And will continue to do so as I come across new ones.bryantallard As far as the DD on your thread, I have made a separate file that I put yours in. I have given them numbers in my file starting at B001 and up. This is to help me go through your DDRs to make sure I am not posting one that you've already posted.:blackalien:

11. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Rick. I would estimate about 70. And out of the 70 I would estimate about 10% are duplicates. Right now I'm working on other projects and really don't have the time to go through them properly. And well over 100 Mount Rushmore's and probably the same amount in the homesteads. I do what I can when I have the time. I really do not like going to the Mount Rushmore's there the hardest ones to identify at least for me.:blackalien:

12. Rick Stachowski

Harper Ferry Guys, I just found another one of these . Have you guys found any .
    323.jpg

SingleShot0005-crop.jpg

Here one that doesn't have it and I put some white arrows to the area of question .
    321.jpg

13. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Rick I sent one like that into John a wild back. The reply I received back was Mechanical doubling.I personally think it's a DD myself.:rolleyes::blackalien:

14. Rick Stachowski

I'll find out Sunday, I'll be seeing Mr. Potter and the Coneca gang ....

15. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Rick Asked Mr. Potter when you see him why he doesn't answer his emails. I would like to send him some coins but if he can't answer an email. I have some reservations about sending anyone coins that doesn't have the courtesy to respond to an email, concerning his business. Yes Rick and it's just not one email it several. At least John with the problems he's having still has the courtesy to respond to an email. And Mr. Neff also has the courtesy to respond to an email. So what's Mr. Potter problem.? USMC60

16. Rick Stachowski

Ken not doing any variety or error work ( mail in ) anymore ...

17. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Rick thank you for the info. Ken needs to update his site then input any changes he's made to his site by not accepting varieties. But that still does not excuse him from responding to emails. That's just common courtesy to let the public know if he's not accepting coins anymore. I just think that's very rude and not very professional. I myself am rude crude and socially unacceptable, but I'll at least respond to my emails. His response or I should say lack of response, only affects his credibility and a lack of credibility on his part. But I will say in his defense it's only showing that he is a human being.USMC60

18. Rick Stachowski

It was on Coneca site, I check again and their update info over there .

19. Ordinary Fool

Ordinary Fool Active Member

Good find!

For specifying what you don't have, you don't specify what you do have to work with. Assuming you have a microscope or some form of reasonable optical magnification, try snapping pix thru the eyepiece of your microscope, using too much light then backing off if necessary, using your smart phone.

I do believe I have one of those you found and several others. Lots of errors too. One variety has the middle barrel doubled with the bottom blowing off the first one.

20. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Well if you go to page 1 on this thread, you will see exactly the set up I have in front of my computer. I would say this works quite well for 80% of what I'm doing. Smart phone what's that????. Still have the old star track flip phone. My tablets takes horrible pictures. First I examine all my coins under stereo microscope. I also have an aim scope microscope that I can take photos with. But it too high of magnification.
    Let's see some of your fines. That's what this thread is for is to see what Harper fairies DDRs members have found. And errors are more than welcome to.:snaphappy::snaphappy::blackalien:

21. Ordinary Fool

Ordinary Fool Active Member

I must have skimmed the entire thread too carelessly to have overlooked your rig. Mea culpa.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to access my stuff and reciprocate. I will though and it may be mid-next week.

Draft saved Draft deleted