Harpers Ferry DDR

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by usmc60, Nov 3, 2016.

1. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Let's add another one to the list.2016-p 25c WV U011.
    Description: this one has a nice little chip on top of the steeple and another chip on the right side in the buildings drainpipe down at the bottom. The DDR would be in the center window center window down at the bottom you will see two nice little windows within the one window.:happy::blackalien: ct1-4-5.jpg

Attached Files:

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheMont

TheMont Well-Known Member

I picked up a digital microscope on eBay for $29. It plugs into the USB port of your computer. The only name on the box is "Digital Microscope". It has a stand, but I find the holding the scope directly on top of the coin gives the best results. There is a series of 8 micro LEDs surrounding the setback lens and it does a good job of lighting the coin.

Here's an example, the coin was in a slab.

1938 D-S Buffalo MS66 closeup.jpg

usmc60 likes this.
  4. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Question if I may. Did they give you one of those cheap stands that would not make a good boat anchor. I know for mine I had to buy one like I'm displaying in this thread.:blackalien:

5. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Here's another one I'd like to add.2016-p 25c WV U012 ct12-7-5.jpg And another.2016-P 25C WV U013. ct12-7-6.jpg :confused::blackalien:

6. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Well let's add another one.2016 -p 25c WV U014.Doubling is shown in the upper window array. Left Bank a Windows above the door. ct12-9-8.jpg

7. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Posted this photo earlier but I have to give a designation for my file.2016-p 25c WV U015 ct12-13-1.jpg

8. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

2016-p 25c WV UDDR ct12-18-1.jpg 016 2016-p 25c WV UDDR 017 ct12-18-2.jpg

9. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

10. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Must add another one to the list. UDDR 019:blackalien: ct1-14-2.jpg

11. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

12. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

It seems John is back on his feet. Here's a new listing. 2016-p 25c WA WDDR-006.:happy::happy::blackalien: WIN_20170127_12_46_46_Pro.jpg

13. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

2016-P WV WDDR 010.

14. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Hey Rick I hope you're sending this one in the John. So far I have not seen another one like yours. I have not come across one in my search yet. USMC60

15. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

I seen all of your Cumberland Gap on Wexler site yesterday .
    I was taking images of this one, it's Wexler DDR-002 & Coneca DDR-002 too .
    c3.jpg c2-2.jpg c1-1.jpg

usmc60 likes this.
  16. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Hey Rick. It's going to be a very slow go for John. Unfortunately I can see he still having some problems. I only hope he doesn't overstress himself. I can imagine the backlog that he has. Usually he updates his site before I get the coins return to me. Which I'm sure you've noticed in the past two. But I have noticed so far he has not updated his site yet.I'm assuming what you're showing us in the photos above is a Cumberland gap.?:confused::blackalien:

17. Rick Stachowski

It's the great basin, here's wexler site ( DDR-002 ) .
    http://doubleddie.com/1445840.html

Here's coneca site ( DDR-002 ) .
    http://varietyvista.com/09e WQ Vol 5 ATB/2013PNVDDR002 quarter.htm

18. Rick Stachowski

You still haven't found one like this .
    6m.jpg

usmc60 likes this.
  19. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Rick absolutely right. But I still have over 100 not searched yet. Kinda taking a break from the quarters. Got interested in some of the rolls of the presidents.:rolleyes::blackalien:PS. What kind of a filter are you using on your photos.Now I've got to go back and check my great basin. I have been dismissing a lot of these as HD. Hard to keep up with the changes. Just for SG, what you think about this PR. Can added to this post, have to add it to the reply

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  20. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

wex1-26-1.jpg

21. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

I posted most of these if not all of these in a previous thread lol. i couldn't see paying $100 for attributions. just not that important to me for minor varieties.

Ordinary Fool likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted