Harpers Ferry cracks and chips

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by usmc60, Jul 19, 2016.

1. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Just got finished examining a roll of uncirculated Virginia- Harpers Ferry-p. I found on the overs several bust cracks and small chips on several of the coins in the roll. And on the reverse it seems the bell tower is going to be a focal point for chips as you can see in the pics. So far a total of six Bell Tower chips. Three on top and three on the eve. And several miscellaneous that I have not identified yet. This is going to be a very interesting quarter especially with all the windows.:):blackalien:

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Off Topic
    I noticed that you change your avatar from time to time. Have you ever used or considered using the 2005 USMC Commem?

2005-P-Proof-Marine-Corps-Silver-Dollar-Commemorative-Coin.jpg

4. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Chris I actually have that commemorative in my collection. And I'm sure you've notice I haven't changed my avatar in a while. Basically I just been trying to play well with others. And I'm sure one day I'll get in the mood to go back and change my avatar,:joyful::blackalien: achmed.gif

5. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Just finished going through my second uncirculated roll. I found this roll even more interesting than the first. Out of a roll I had seven of them with roof column chips and some kind of chimney doubling.? None of the 40 had any overs cracks or chips like in my first 40. And we need to add another five of the chimney doubling. I can't wait to see what the next roll brings. Enjoy the photos:blackalien:

Attached Files:

6. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Very interesting, I think you will enjoy these ORT cracks. I'm sure you will find like I did when you start going through these, you're going to find an overabundance of these.:eek::blackalien: hf-12.jpg

Attached Files:

7. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

It seems these Harper fairies quarters have a lot of reverse problems, this next chip I must've put over 500 of them back into circulation.:rolleyes::blackalien: rkc-1.jpg rkc-2.jpg

8. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

So far I've gone through thousands of these Harper fairies, I have only found two of these chip.:eek::blackalien: hf-e.jpg

9. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

So far I've only found one with a chip all the way across the opening. Still don't think it's big enough for a die crack.:blackalien: Fort McKinley-1.jpg

10. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

ctmf-2.jpg

11. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Adding another one to this list. This one I especially liked because I call it a ghost image. I'm sure there's an appropriate name for it. But it showing the image for future chip. I'd like it.:happy::blackalien: hf9-6-1.jpg

Attached Files:

12. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Let's add a nice double chip.:blackalien: hf9-8-6.jpg

13. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

The first one of these chips in over 6000 quarters. I'd like to call this one public telephone cthf-1.jpg cthf-3.jpg You have to like the coincidence. The chip just above the PH.:blackalien:

14. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Like to add another telephone booth. hf-9-24-1-1.jpg

Attached Files:

15. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Like to add a nether one. fh-9-29-2.jpg fh-9-29-1.jpg

16. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

17. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting. I do enjoy looking at them. I've found a few on these coins also.

usmc60 likes this.
  18. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

This is the first one I found with a chip on the left corner of the building.:watching::blackalien: ct10-21-2.jpg

Attached Files:

19. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

I found this one interesting. Possible DD but I'm not sure but I like it anyways.:happy::blackalien: ct11-29-6-1.jpg ct11-29-7-2.jpg ct11-29-8-3.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted