Happy Friday!!! Let's see your current CRH snapshot...

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Kurisu, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

I'd probably look up each year to see which are most valuable in the lowest grades and search those. You could probably sell the rest for a nice chunk to get more of what you want...Do good listings (by looking at other original rolls you believe to be authentic that have sold) and start the bidding at a penny! Selling the theoretically cheapest rolls first...that way you should get plenty of action and nice bidding wars going :) Nice selection...Me, I'd open them all lol!!!

Skyquest and Sley like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

Holy moly!!! Do you own a gigantic wishing well? A dozen electric pony rides? 5 arcades? A vending machine franchise? ...Always pay with one dollar bills, for like 60 years? ...Am I getting close? lol!

Skyquest likes this.
  4. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

Sley likes this.
  5. AustinJ0324

AustinJ0324 Well-Known Member

2 boxes of nickels, 1 box of quarters!

Kurisu likes this.
  6. Sley

Sley Active Member

Thank you very much. I'm officially addicted! I've bought 2 great books, and I've already sold some Silver on Ebay. I hadn't figured out what to do with the penny rolls. Appreciate all the input in this group.

Skyquest and Kurisu like this.
  7. Dialupsux

Dialupsux Well-Known Member

Those are just the quarters that came out of my pockets for the last 30 years

8. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

I guess I didn't win the showcase for going over...but I'm giving myself credit for that last guess lol!

Sley likes this.
  9. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

Saturday is penny day, today. Because.

20210220_133817.jpg

10. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

How cool is this? This is what you get when you treat people well for decades...

I stopped at my Chase branch while out running errands just to check for quarters on a whim.

One of my favorite tellers, "We just got the ones you brought back last time in, do you want new ones?"
    Me, "Oh you mean re-rolls of the same ones I searched?"
    Her "Yup...I can open a new box and give you new ones if you like?"
    Me "There are more cookies in your near future!" :D
    She went and opened a fresh box of Loomis quarters for me.

I also showed her some photos of the cool stuff I found in my box of small dollars search. And they happily let me return about 980 small dollars from that box of a 1000 :p

This also tells me that at least at those bigger branches certainly know when they are receiving their own re-rolls and which ones they are. So that was super nice!

I kept it reasonable since I still have a bunch of other rolls at the moment, so I grabbed 12 rolls of quarters...
    20210222_153542.jpg

11. JobIII

JobIII Active Member

If you don't have a flat stapler. pliers do the trick and might save the fingers.

Kurisu likes this.
  12. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

Stopped by a different branch on the way back from the market...I haven't seen any customer wrapped rolls in a long time...she told me that an older lady brought these two in earlier.
    It's funny to me because based on how the customer rolls are oddly folded I'm guessing it wasn't from a CRHunter, since we tend to fold those things pretty quickly lol! Wish me luck!!!

20210225_123926.jpg

13. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

Did a bunch of the quarters this morning... one roll was particularly fun!!!

A really unique orange toner followed by my 2nd ever V75 W and in front of both of those was a fun little "Quart" Dollar :p

A couple angles to try and show what it actually looks like straight on!
    2014 Utah 25c Arches Orange toner 2.jpg
    2014 Utah 25c Arches Orange toner Obverse 2.jpg
    2014 Utah 25c Arches Orange toner Obverse.jpg
    2014 Utah 25c Arches Orange toner 4.jpg
    My 2nd ever V75 W!!!
    2020 W V75 25c Salt River Bay Virgin Islands.jpg
    A neat little grease strike at the bottom...it was up against the toner and you can see a touch of the same orange on the eagle's head.
    Quart Dollar.jpg

14. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

I'm so jealous. I've been cut off by the 'rona and too lazy to start over from scratch and make all new contacts. Things went way sideways, it's a shame.

Kurisu likes this.
  15. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

16. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

That's awesome!!!
    I think I see a dime or two in there...someone needs to fix that :joyful:
    Where is this?

SensibleSal66 and spirityoda like this.
  17. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

In all honesty, what you're probably seeing is some horribly corroded zincoln.

SensibleSal66 and Kurisu like this.
  18. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

I couldn't resist after yesterday's fairly epic search...and my bank had something special for me...Halves!!! She told me there were 10 rolls in the vault and I had first shot at them...Yes please!

20210301_122939.jpg
    20210301_120432.jpg

19. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Just a pic off Bing... not my cents house. lol

20. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

I just Love the Penny house posted by @spirityoda . I wouldn't worry so much about a dime or two being dumped as much as someone , how do I say it , released gas !:vomit:

Kurisu likes this.
  21. Kurisu

Kurisu Well-Known Member

Had a moment...and felt strange for clicking Like, when I meant 'Don't Like and want to Acknowledge'... I hope you don't mean that the virus got you directly too!
    I'm sending you a private message...

Skyquest and John Burgess like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted