handy, free web tool for pricing coins on the fly

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom, Oct 31, 2017.

1. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Another idea which may interest some people is that there used to be a button on EBay to generate an RSS feed from a query. That button went away some time ago but the feeds still work if you enter them directly into your feed manager.

I used to have feeds for all the coins I was looking for. I staggered the times they downloaded and had them fire once a day. That way I never missed an auction.

For a long time I was also doing the same for completed auctions. I had intended to write a routine to read these feeds from my hard drive and find the trends in the average sale price but other things got in the way and I never did it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom Well-Known Member

whoa... care to share?

4. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

you realize that's what the snipers write their bots with...

5. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Here is a sample file with German feeds. The title of each feed included the catalog values so that I have a baseline to measure the auctions without having to look them up. I have not used this for a few years so Ebay may have changed the syntax a little. But by looking at the current syntax and comparing you should be able to make it work.

EDIT: I should add that this file is specific to the Opera browser feed. Other feed managers will have different syntax but the EBay part will not change. Also, the file is automatically generated from my inventory database - I did not type all that in.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  6. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

UPDATE:
    the display has been updated, gave it a facelift,
    Note, you can register as a subscriber, there is a menu option in upper right to register/login
    Thanks again to all who have tried the tool and come up with the great suggestions and constructive criticism, improving it already in its first 24 hours. It's a pleasure to work with enthusiastic users. Keep the ideas coming...
    http://uscoinval.com
    upload_2017-11-1_12-32-10.png

Attached Files:

sakata likes this.
  7. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

Hi...I think I registered but did not get the email as it states.
    I'm busy doing something else so maybe I made an error. I'll try again a bit later.
    It looks good...the only thing is that...for us older folks. It's nice to have a larger type. This is a bit small. I say "oy!" out loud - so I know it needs to be bigger for me. How about 14 pitch. That's nice for me. I like the balance of the page and the color choice.

8. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

Try now...
    http://uscoinval.com/

9. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

I might be older. I made it 16

LaCointessa likes this.
  10. LaCointessa

LaCointessa Well-Known Member

Now we're talking!
    Thanks.