Half Dozen 1901-2 Pennies and Half Penny’s submitted to NGC....

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Stephen Allan, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Stephen Allan

Stephen Allan New Member

Thoughts? Predictions on grading?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

What did that cost you? Be sure to post the results when you get them back.

Stephen Allan likes this.
  4. Stephen Allan

Stephen Allan New Member

Well I had 150$ in credit for NGC (cost of membership) but I believe it was 20$ per coin and 55 shipping and handling, but I sent 17 total, 6 US and 11 world (double handling cost)...I didn’t so much send them in for potential monetary gain, I got them from my grandpa who got them from his dad, still partially wrapped in the original 1902 bank roll (wish I had kept all of that) one each of penny’s and half penny’s, there were appx 45 coins total and about 10 that appear to close to or completely Unc...not to mention the thought that they spent a combined 110 years in family members desks before making there way to me seemed pretty cool. I will def update when received, I have already received one I sent earlier to test the water, MS 63 RB...I’m really hoping for either one 65, or RD....either or and I’ll be thrilled...I have 4 more to send with my next batch as well..thanx for asking!

5. Stephen Allan

Stephen Allan New Member

These are the extras that will be sent out next time

Attached Files:

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

7. Stephen Allan

Stephen Allan New Member

Yessir...1901 and 1902 Great Britain Penny’s and half penny’s

8. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Pennies is correct. ;) you got it correct in your title then used the incorrect word.

9. Stephen Allan

Stephen Allan New Member

Lol I just noticed that..I normally practice proper grammar...but, the internet ‍♂️

10. Stephen Allan

Stephen Allan New Member

Grading thoughts anyone??

11. Mountain Man

Thanks for the reply and please don't ever use the term Double Die or @paddyman98 will have a stroke. LOL "The correct term is Doubled Die." It's just another trigger word for him, but we do enjoy using the correct terminology.

Just curious, did your family live in Great Britain? Wondering how your grand or great granddad started collecting those coins.

Also, I hope that darn Coronavirus doesn't cause you any problems. My niece is an architect and lives and works in Seattle and her firm gave employees the option of working from home to prevent any possible contact with it.

paddyman98 likes this.
  12. Stephen Allan

Stephen Allan New Member

Kinda...my great great uncle Ian was the patriarch of the family in Liverpool England in 1905 or so, started a handful of companies and so on. Over the next 3 or so generations it became a rite of passage for all the Allan men in the family to join the military, my great grandpa was a captain or something and in 1950s my grandpa moved to Canada and joined the “army” there, Hope BC to be exact. Parents had me and my brother across the border on work visas from Canada...

tl;dr

yes...hella British and British Canadians in my family

13. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I live here in San Diego, close by to the confirmed cases in Chula Vista and Los Angeles. Unfortuantely, I work at a local gym, so I'm pretty much screwed. lol

But back to the topic on hand, those are some nice looking coins, but are they really worth the cost (even if you used credit) to grade?

14. Stephen Allan

Stephen Allan New Member

As far as value? Not really that’s why I sent 2 rare Morgan’s, a couple half dimes and a seated half..these are mainly sentimental and NFS but a 65 RD is going for 3-450 on eBay so never know some are valuable esp if graded RD...it’s an experiment

Attached Files:

15. Stephen Allan

Stephen Allan New Member

lol I have literally no idea how I posted those damn unicorn

16. Mountain Man

LOL

Stephen Allan likes this.
  17. Jb2203

Jb2203 New Member

I have a few british coins too, my grandpa gave them to me a few years back. Oldest being an 1885 silver three pence and the oldest is a 1966 penny. My favourite is a 1937 silver half crown. I have 25 coins total so not massive.

Draft saved Draft deleted