Half dollar lover

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Oldsmoky62, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Oldsmoky62

Oldsmoky62 Member

Just signed up today wanted to say hello and I am impressed with knowledge I can learn on this site so can't wait to participate

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Welcome to CoinTalk! We enjoy seeing pictures of Half Dollars.

4. midtncoin

midtncoin Well-Known Member

Welcome! I've only been on the boards for about 2 months and am learning stuff daily.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Chris

6. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Welcome. I love half dollars also. I think they are the best looking denomination in PCGS or NGC holders. The size just fits right to the eye.

7. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

welcome to CT. :):cat::cool:

8. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Welcome, hope you take pictures...

9. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

There's just something about a large coin that attracts people's eye's. Maybe it's because folks just do not see that many of them anymore?

I remember that as a kid, back in the 50's, the Franklin Half Dollar was something special and, like the Peace and Morgan silver dollars, you just did not see that many of them!

Keep in mind that a roll of half dollars, a single solitary roll, in a LOT of cases represented 25% of a persons weekly wage. Heck, in 1967, a roll of Half Dollars represented one-eighth of my gross pay for a 40 hour work week.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  10. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

11. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

Greetings. I also like half dollars. Even though I have been here over 2 years, I am still learning things from people here more knowledgeable than me. I started collecting coins in June 1988.

12. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

I want to thank you for that interesting bit of historical information.

13. Kentucky

Half-dollars also includes many Commemoratives both Early and Modern, do you collect any of those?

Endeavor likes this.
  14. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

Welcome! Half dollars can become addicting, so be cautious. :rolleyes:

15. Aunduril

Aunduril Well-Known Member

16. Kentucky

17. Oldsmoky62

Oldsmoky62 Member

Wow I am overwhelmed by response to my opening statement I know half dollars are addicting and will share some pictures may have to ass dirty or needs to show me how but will do it quickly thank you

DBDc80 likes this.
  18. Oldsmoky62

Oldsmoky62 Member

That did not come out quite right will need to ask my young niece how to post pictures forget everything looks that good to rules thank you

19. DBDc80

DBDc80 Numismatist

nothing like a dirty a%#...just kidding! And welcome!

20. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

I started on the 1916 -1936 part of the Walking Liberty series recently. These are a little pricier than I thought they might be, but I have found a bargain or two to make it all enjoyable. Welcome.

21. Oldsmoky62

Oldsmoky62 Member

I got back into collecting 4years ago 1st love was Walking Liberty Halfs took 4 years an more money than I should have spent to complete yr and mm set was fun started with capped bust Halfs found this site and realize need to learn way way more before going further will try some picture soon

Draft saved Draft deleted