Hadrian Tetradrachm...

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by rexesq, May 20, 2010.

1. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

I have this Hadrian tetradrachm, I believe it to be from Alexandria, but can't be sure... what I was hoping someone could help me with is the regnal year on the reverse(I know it's a bit worn and may be hard to tell) and also which goddess/figure is on the reverse... I have looked and looked, but can't seem to find one with the same goddess/figure. I can tell she is holding a caduceus in one arm, and possibly flowers or grains or poppies in the other, can't quite see clearly due to wear. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

4. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Nice one :) not sure about who's on the rev. :eek: sorry... Eirene maybe?

5. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

6. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

Great. Thanks guys.... when I was researching, the only reverse that looked similar was of eirene... but I wasn't able to find her in the same position, or with the same obverse, so thanks alot, I much appreciate it. I have a few more greek roman tetradrachms that I may need some help with. It's great to know that I can come here and almost always find answers to the questions I have.

7. Ardatirion

Ardatirion Où est mon poisson

If you have a lot more, its probably worth investing in Emmett's Alexandrian Coins. Its a great book for attributing Romano-Egyptian coins, and it only costs around $50.

8. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

Sounds like a fine book, but I actually only have a few from Alexandria. The majority of my tetradrachmai are syro-phoenician.... I'd think there would be a book for that as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted