Had a rough few weeks lets see some Cheerful coins

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by bcuda, Jan 19, 2022.

1. +VGO.DVCKS

+VGO.DVCKS Well-Known Member

Too good, @GinoLR.

Bronwen likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. DeLaFe

DeLaFe Active Member

I am so sorry for everything you have gone through!

Here is a coin we sold at auction a few years ago, a bronze medallion of Volusian which had been "missing" since 1830 and a provenance that goes back to 1775!

Volusian's father, the emperor Trebonianus Gallus, was born in Perusia, which he later renamed Arna after his wife. During the reign of Gallus a pestilence spread across much of Italy and claimed the life of Decius' son, Hostilian. This reverse type certainly represents the statue of Apollo which was considered the “healing and succouring deity”. There are other medallions of Gallus with the legend “APOLLINI SALVTARI”, leaving little doubt that this type was representative of the series. [See: F. W. Madden, Numismatic Chronicle 1868, pp. 8-10 and Stevenson, A Dictionary of Roman Coins (definition of ARN ASI)]

Volusian.jpg
    May you have nothing but good new for the foreseeable future!

Bronwen, Johndakerftw, bcuda and 5 others like this.
  4. cmezner

cmezner do ut des Supporter

So good to know your wife is home and you all are doing better. You all will be doing better every day.

You are admirable.
    Be safe

Bronwen, Johndakerftw, bcuda and 2 others like this.
  5. +VGO.DVCKS

+VGO.DVCKS Well-Known Member

Dang, @bcuda, getting to this way too late. Yep, praying for you folks. (--Don't care who knows it.)
    For coins, the nearest I'm likely to get is this.
    ARAGON, SANCHO RAMIREZ, DINER.jpg
    Kingdom of Aragon (and Navarre), Sancho Ramirez (1063-1094), dinero (Spanish) /diner (Occitan).
    Obv. (From 11 o'clock: ) SAN.CIVS REX
    Rev. Tree, surmounted by a cross --sometimes characterized as a Tree of Life.
    ARA [/] GON (with ligatures). Crusafont (Monedas Espanolas v. IV) 213.2.
    You've got people, angels emphatically included, pulling for you folks.
    If you didn't obviously know this better than I do, I might be saying, Keep Fighting! ...Whatever, I'll say it anyway.

Bronwen, Johndakerftw, bcuda and 5 others like this.
  6. ominus1

ominus1 Well-Known Member

..glad to hear some good news from your neck o de woods friend! :)

Bronwen, bcuda and +VGO.DVCKS like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted