Had a rough few weeks lets see some Cheerful coins

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by bcuda, Jan 19, 2022.

1. JPD3

JPD3 Well-Known Member

@bcuda

upload_2022-1-19_23-22-57.png
    upload_2022-1-19_23-23-23.png
    Canadian Gold 150 Dollars "Blessings of Good Health" 2016. Reverse designed by Chris and Rosina Reid. Chinese character for Blessing of Health above monkey. Monkey holding peach, divine fruit of gods-believed to bring longevity. Peaches and blossoms also symbolic wish for long and fulfilled life, as in added luck. Canada written in Chinese characters on reverse.
    Weight: 10.4 g
    Diameter: 22.5 mm

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Roman Collector

Roman Collector Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry that all of these health crises are happening to your loved ones, @bcuda.:(

Here are coins depicting lots of healing deities!

Here's to a speedy and complete recovery:

[​IMG]
    Troas, Alexandria, 3rd-2nd c. BC.
    Greek Æ 13.5 mm, 2.20 g, 11 h.
    Obv: Laureate head of Apollo, right.
    Rev: AΛEΞAN above horse grazing left, monogram beneath, thunderbolt in exergue.
    Refs: Sear 4028; BMC 17.10,18-20; SNG Cop 81-82; SNG von Aulock 7546.

[​IMG]
    Severus Alexander, AD 222-235.
    Roman Provincial Æ 27.2 mm, 8.75 g, 6 h.
    Marcianopolis, Moesia Inferior, Legate Um(brius?) Tereventinus, AD 226-227.
    Obv: AVT K M AVP CEVH AΛEZANΔPOC, laureate, draped and cuirassed bust right.
    Rev: HΓ ȢM TEPEBENTINOV MAPKIANOΠOΛIT-ΩN, Asklepios standing facing, head left, holding serpent staff.
    Refs: AMNG I 1027; Moushmov 696; Varbanov 1685 (same dies).

[​IMG]
    Gordian III, with Tranquillina, A.D. 238-244
    Roman provincial AE 4.5 assaria, 12.80 g, 28.2 mm, 7 h.
    Moesia Inferior, Tomis, A.D. 241-244.
    Obv: AVT K M ANTΩNIOC ΓΟΡΔΙΑΝΟC // CABINIA TPA / NKVΛΛINA, confronted laureate, draped and cuirassed bust of Gordian right and diademed, draped bust of Tranquillina left.
    Rev: MHTPOΠON-TOV TOMEΩC, Hygieia standing right, feeding serpent from patera; Δ< (ligate) in lower left field.
    Refs: AMNG I (Pick) 3534.

[​IMG]
    Elagabalus, AD 218-222.
    Roman provincial Æ assarion, 2.36 g, 16.1 mm, 12 h.
    Moesia Inferior, Marcianopolis, AD 218-222.
    Obv: ΑVΤ Κ Μ ΑVΡ ΑΝΤΩΝΙΝΟC, laureate head, right.
    Rev: ΜΑΡΚΙΑΝΟΠΟΛΙΤΩΝ, Telesphoros standing facing, wearing hooded cloak.
    Refs: AMNG I 910; Varbanov 1421-22; Moushmov 652; SNG Budapest 191.

+VGO.DVCKS, Ryro, bcuda and 11 others like this.
  4. Marsyas Mike

Marsyas Mike Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties you are suffering through @bcuda And then your step mother's death and your wife's stroke - sometimes life just seems to hand us too much, and I am sorry you are going through this. As for those awful ER situations, My dad spent 7 hours in the ER the day after Christmas with a bleeding kidney (he's undergoing cancer treatment now; this was "just" a side affect). They finally admitted him, but in ER at least he had a cubicle and wasn't out in the hallway.

Not at all to make light of the spider bite, but years ago a friend told me her brother had been bitten by a brown recluse spider. I'd never heard of a brown recluse spider, and accused her of making it up (jokingly). But it was no joke - it bit him on the derriere while he was on a creeper underneath his car! He had to go to the hospital - fortunately being a young healthy guy he got over it pretty well, but it was an ordeal. No amputations, fortunately - being bitten in such a "substantial" part of the body is probably better than bitten on an extremity the way you and @Alegandron were. No more spider jokes from me.

Here is Salus on a sestertius of Antoninus Pius, wishing you and yours good heath!

Antoninus Pius - Sest. Salus std. Nov 2020 (0a).jpg

ominus1, +VGO.DVCKS, Ryro and 9 others like this.
  5. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Wow !
    That's a lot of issues to face at the same time in just one house. Hope some Salvs coins will help

0038-310.jpg

0120-320.jpg

0140-310.jpg

0230-210.jpg

0300-8681.jpg

0454-310.jpg

Q

ominus1, +VGO.DVCKS, Ryro and 10 others like this.
  6. ambr0zie

ambr0zie Dacian Taraboste

@bcuda, I hope you will get over this horrible period.
    My favorite Salus coin for you
    upload_2022-1-20_12-36-2.png

Maximinus I Thrax AD 235-238. Rome
    Sestertius Æ
    30 mm., 19,25 g.
    RIC IV Maximinus Thrax 64
    Date Range: AD 235 - AD 236
    IMP MAXIMINVS PIVS AVG
    Bust of Maximinus I, laureate, draped, cuirassed, right
    SALVS AVGVSTI S C
    Salus, draped, seated left, feeding out of patera in right hand snake coiled round altar

ominus1, +VGO.DVCKS, Ryro and 10 others like this.
  7. GinoLR

GinoLR Well-Known Member

House of York angel? To make his winter of discontent glorious summer?

+VGO.DVCKS and Bronwen like this.
  8. 114119479_10221773737711373_9031988221585317261_n.jpg 113964777_10221773737991380_4630276234194401611_n.jpg not ancient but an angel, my latest pretty.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    ominus1, +VGO.DVCKS, JPD3 and 6 others like this.
  9. Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

Sorry you've had a rough time. Hope this coin cheers you up!

Biblical Jerusalem and Judaea under Roman Administration
    Porcius Festus - Procurator: 59-62 A.D.
    under Nero - Roman Emperor: 54-68 A.D.
    Bronze Prutah 14mm (1.70 grams) Jerusalem mint, struck 58/59 A.D.
    Reference: Hendin 1351 (5th Edition); Hendin 653 (3rd Edition)
    Greek letters KAICAPOC (Caesar) and date LЄ (year 5=58/59 A.D), palm branch.
    Greek letters NЄP WNO C (Nero) in wreath tied at the bottom with an X.

IMG_20220113_153900054.jpg IMG_20220113_153827355.jpg

ominus1, +VGO.DVCKS, Ryro and 6 others like this.
  10. chascat

chascat Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear all your Holiday troubles, I spent the last 2 Mos. having radiation treatment after they removed my left ear and am bunch of my glands and jaw bone, but all is looking well for me now! My troubles are slight compared to yours though. I hope things take a huge turn for the better for you and yours, Chas.

+VGO.DVCKS, bcuda, green18 and 3 others like this.
  11. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

12. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

Sorry that I do not have such a coin. If I did it would be posted. To say it has been a rough stretch is an understatement. I am somewhat of a fatalist and believe things are meant to happen and we have no control over it. That being said, I wish you a very speedy recovery and for the wife, tell her (speaking from experience) that she will feel much better after the stents and will have a large load of stress removed.
    Best Wishes to both of you.
    Phil

+VGO.DVCKS, bcuda and Bronwen like this.
  13. Mac McDonald

Mac McDonald Well-Known Member

I smiled at seeing this...believe it was part of/in conjunction with Roosevelt's "March of Dimes" effort...which I believe is still active, or it was up into the 80s and/or 90s.

+VGO.DVCKS, Bronwen and Inspector43 like this.
  14. Tall Paul

Tall Paul Supporter! Supporter

Bcuda,

Condolences for your losses and a fervent hope that your wife is soon in a room. I hope that the prayers, positive energy, and good wishes from all the posts by your CT friends bring you some peace and strength. You are carrying heavy burdens, please remember to take care of yourself.

15. Neal

Neal Well-Known Member

May God grant comfort and restored health to you and your family!

16. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

May your belief, trust, and strength carry you and yours through this trying time. The most cherished part of most coins is, "In God We Trust." My parents most often advised us to "Watch where you're going not where you've been." Good luck!

bcuda and Bronwen like this.
  17. Sulla80

Sulla80 Well-Known Member

@bcuda, sincere condolences and support through this time, and best wishes for a rapid recovery for your wife. This favorite Salus was a Christmas gift to a doctor in 1967 from a friend who had visited Rome. I hope it brings some healing and cheer. Acilia Denarius.jpg

ominus1, +VGO.DVCKS, Ryro and 6 others like this.
  18. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER

bcuda and Bronwen like this.
  19. bcuda

bcuda El Ibérico loco

I just wanted to let everyone know that my Wife is home and doing well after her stroke. I am still in pain from the spider bite and it is very slowly getting better. Have been spending a lot of my time with my Father to help Him deal with the losss of His wife.
    Thank you everyone for your prayers and comments !

20. Johndakerftw

Johndakerftw Mr. Rogers is My Hero

I’m so glad to hear that your wife is doing better and that you’re feeling better, even if it’s at a tortoise pace.

It’s good that you can be there for your dad. That’s really important.

Here’s a Daric that belongs to my brother. I found it posted on Instagram the other day by somebody.

I took a second look at it and had a little chuckle because of the face of the king. I hope you can get at least get a smirk from it. Squidward kind of looks like he’s happy here.

D23FC58B-A169-4011-8506-7373189DA914.png CB16C5E0-7CD9-4B8C-B1B0-9016ABDC53A4.jpeg

Take care,

Erin

21. bcuda

bcuda El Ibérico loco

It sure does look like Squidward ! I watch Spongebob Square pants all the time with my Grandson.

Bronwen, +VGO.DVCKS and Johndakerftw like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted