H.R. 1923 has become law -- New multi-design circulating quarter program to begin in 2022

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by ThomasW, Jan 14, 2021.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The mint isn’t responsible for what they have to do. They’ll produce what they have to for commerce and it’s up to everyone else for the collector stuff. Hopefully they do some exciting things with the issues if not oh well.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

@ThomasW thank you for this post. Most interesting information and comments.

Inspector43 likes this.
  4. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Schnickelfritz I play golf with an immigrant from Germany. He and his family escaped over the barbed wire from East to West. I was surprised to hear that he had never heard that word. We heard it all the time growing up. But, we were schnickelfritz's.

5. Fullbands

Fullbands Certified Authentic Details

Actually, I like the ide of the Delaware crossing. Why not build on that and do other significant events in Washington’s life? Why? Because the mint would be focused on cherry trees, and that silver dollar over the Potomac thing. I would think they could do four designs for Washington like they did for Lincoln. Maybe they’re waiting for 2032.

Rick L.

Cheech9712 and CoinCorgi like this.
  6. schnickelfritz48

schnickelfritz48 Well-Known Member

For your German immigrant golf buddy to say he's never heard the word "Schnickelfritz" is virtually unbelievable. It's been a word in the German language and part of the German culture for at least 175 years or better. Here is the Schnitzelbank song that features a Schnickelfritz as part of the lyrics: https://germangirlinamerica.com/what-is-a-schnitzelbank/

Inspector43 likes this.
  7. Inspector43

The label was very familiar to the youngsters in our family. I can only remember back to the 40's. I guess that is far enough.

8. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

I was raised in Germany and have never heard this word before. Looks like I don‘t know anything about German culture lol

9. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

I'm just glad the 2021 is a one-off. New Jersey already did the same thing, and one year of Washington slicing my pockets with his angry sword is enough.

10. mike estes

mike estes Well-Known Member

OMG!! LMAO!!!! yes, that just happend..... home run YoloBagels

11. schnickelfritz48

schnickelfritz48 Well-Known Member

I wasn't raised in Germany and have heard this word often used by my German ancestors. Looks like I might know more about German culture, lol.

Inspector43 likes this.
  12. davdo

davdo Senior Member

This was my first thought. How are the album manufacturers going to handle this?? My wallet is hurting already!!

13. Inspector43

Me too. I grew up hearing this from my German ancestors.

14. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

Probably an older word, commonly used during the time when our German ancestors migrated here, but fallen out of common usage in the old country.

Inspector43 likes this.
  15. Inspector43

I agree.

16. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Save me one

17. Cheech9712

You forgot Shoes

YoloBagels likes this.
  18. Cheech9712

Best answer corgi

19. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

If I'm able to get the bags, I will save them for you.

Cheech9712 likes this.
  20. Cheech9712

Philly state quarter

21. Cheech9712

Now that’s a great idea. Bound to have a few screw ups there. Prime #.

Draft saved Draft deleted