H.R. 1923 has become law -- New multi-design circulating quarter program to begin in 2022

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by ThomasW, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Mkm5

Mkm5 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't even recognize most of the newer quarters, nickels, and cents.

Get a handful of change and they're all different, and foreign looking to me.

Maybe a refreshed design series with hints of historical US coinage would be interesting, like the 2021 Peace and Morgan?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I don't disagree at all..... I clearly remember when the bicentennial coins were struck. I was a pimple faced total coin nut. We hadn't seen a new design on our coins since the JFK half and it was danged exciting to see new designs on our coins. It's hard to get excited when designs are rehashed more often than my underwear drawer.

rugrats2001, Big Bone and Inspector43 like this.
  4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Congrats to the mint employees who will now have significantly less work to do for several of those years

5. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

Too rich for my blood, I'm out.

6. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

I dunno about representing the state, the planet maybe ......... :D

Cheech9712 and CoinCorgi like this.
  7. schnickelfritz48

schnickelfritz48 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a US Mint sales marketing bonanza!!!

8. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

I want to see them mint a "no respect" three cent nickel since that series never got any respect, no respect at all.

9. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I thought you already had a title Xenu.

10. 1865King

1865King Well-Known Member

I thought they were finally going to stop that crap. Most of the state quarters were crap only a few I like. Some of the National park quarters were interesting but, most were ugly or really couldn't figure out what was on them. I think they should just go back to what the original Washington quarter was supposed to look like in 1932 (I'm referring to the Washington quarter design that was finally used on the 1999 5 dollar gold coin). This is getting way out of hand. Just wait next they will start doing what Canada, Australia and those odd small island countries did. Colorized coins, Superman / Star Trek / Disney Characters. If they want to compete with the Franklin Mint they're doing a great job. 1999 Washington 5 Dollar Gold Coin.jpg

11. Bill H.

Bill H. Active Member

Buy stock in Dansco and Whitman???

davdo, NSP and CoinCorgi like this.
  12. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

The big issue with that series was just that so many of them are just a generic nature look which is all they really could be. Mountains and trees are beautiful but when it's the 15th interchangeable design like that it gets boring. Then you had a bunch that just really were noticeable at all. That would have been an all time favorite series for a ton of people if they just did the big ones like Grand Canyon and Gettysburg etc

13. Bill H.

Bill H. Active Member

Famous left-handed people from each state...and territory!

Cheech9712, wxcoin and YoloBagels like this.
  14. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

What the USA needs is a 99 cent coin - everything in stores has a X.99 price tag & when cents are no longer minted, they'll be useful :rolleyes:
    There's a Euro coin like that already - ;)
    12046634_843774422405860_7826947336898683101_n.jpg

mikenoodle and YoloBagels like this.
  15. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Catchy, but I can tell you with 100% certainty, NY isn't going to stop collecting, and increasing sales tax. 99¢ is only the starting point for the total amount due ;)

16. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Great information, thank you.

17. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

they are getting as bad as the post office..a little too much and too lat, if you ask me..90 years of same old same old, now 100 new items a decade?? lol

Cheech9712 likes this.
  18. whopper64

whopper64 Well-Known Member

I would think that the mint will be producing billions of them, so I wouldn't worry about the prices.

19. Mike Thornton

Mike Thornton Learning something new everyday.

Don't give the mint any ideas. As it stands there could be nearly 1000 different quarters in our future. They could go through all the states and recognize the following:
    Bird
    Flower
    Flags
    Motto
    Notable Political Figures
    ... should I go on? I think not...

20. Mike Thornton

Mike Thornton Learning something new everyday.

That would go on forever. Wait, wouldn't it then become Bitcoin?

21. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Given the US Mint's history over the last 10-15 years, I wouldn't count on it.

YoloBagels likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted