Guy selling fake Mexican coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Hiddendragon, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

This guy's listings keep popping up in my searches on eBay. His coins look really fake, at least some of them. He has several negative feedbacks about selling fakes, and several other positive feedbacks that mention the coin was fake. He has numerous listings with the exact same photo, yet people keep bidding on his coins. I've seen people talk about reporting fake listings but I don't see a way to do that. I wish we could get rid of guys like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Un-Peso-/322083264154?hash=item4afda8969a:g:A-MAAOSwCypWnHVZ

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I've seen his "coins" a lot in the last week too.

4. sonlarson

sonlarson World Silver Collector

Not only that but he shows the same identical coin in multiple auctions. I will never buy a coin from anyone that is holding a coin in their hands. No returns and poor feedback.

Hiddendragon likes this.
  5. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

How the heck is he still selling with a feedback rating of 93.5%?

Ethics are such a nuisance. I could be making a killing on eBay right now.

rooman9 likes this.
  6. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Some of them look worse than others. The 1947 5 peso I probably wouldn't notice. The older coins are really bad. I don't know how you can help but glance at the feedback rating though and investigate more. He has five different types of coins that he sells over and over with the exact same photo. I finally figured out how to report him and reported several listings but I don't know if it will make a difference.

Draft saved Draft deleted