Guess the price!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by JayAg47, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

I would be willing to run the SS again this year if needed or differ to JA if he wants to pick it up again. It would be a shame to let that tradition die out.

finny and Ryro like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

Yeeuuussss!!!
    tenor-22.gif

...I mean, that's cool. Please let me know if I can help out.
    As,
    giphy-downsized-medium-1.gif

finny and Broucheion like this.
  4. JayAg47

JayAg47 Well-Known Member

$36 for the top one, $8 for the bottom one!

finny, DonnaML and Ryro like this.
  5. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

Huge score...for both! I believe the top photo has a bit too much light (not that I am any great photographer my self. But, it looks like a coin that looks to have real potential "in hand".
    and the second coin is a steeeeeeaaaaaallll. Any half identifiable denarii is for under $10, led alone one with the horn top!

finny and JayAg47 like this.
  6. JayAg47

JayAg47 Well-Known Member

it does! while the bottom coin weighs 2.5g and the top 3 grams, it feels much dense, and also the top’s reverse pops up much better than the porous bottom one in hand!

finny and Ryro like this.
  7. Severus Alexander

Severus Alexander find me at NumisForums

Sure, and I support you in particular Victor - you have some of the most reasonable prices on VCoins. What's more, your knowledge is exceptional and you are a kind and generous person, with a real dedication to ancient numismatics. An absolute credit to the field. (The fact remains, however, that patient auction purchasing will normally net better deals.)

PeteB likes this.
  8. KevinM

KevinM Well-Known Member

You are correct on all points I do auctions for old rifles to which I set the max price +fees and I walk away if I lose I lose.I thought I had a good angle on one rifle in a small little known auction house lo and behold Mr. Deep Pockets showed and got a great deal on a rare rifle.

9. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

40 bucks

Draft saved Draft deleted