Guess the Grade

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by cplradar, Mar 6, 2021.

1. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

MS-65 ?
    Please post Pics . normally and if you need help , just ask . You'll get more responses .
    And , yea ...... 558286_10151062957506624_1577213564_n.jpg

cplradar likes this.
  4. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

6. Robert Ransom

Robert Ransom Well-Known Member

Is that a chip or ding nose/lip? Broadstruck. AU55

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  7. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

No - I didn't buy. My father would kill me for buying such an expensive coin after the robbery. The images are copyrighted. WHen they fix the site it will likely show up. It is not an AU58. There are way to many problems with the coin to grade that high. It is an MS grade. Here is the dealers description:

Another rare die state, and a stunning coin in all respects. The die state is extremely early, and this coin is known as a "true prime"...the earliest known die state. Almost all of these have a die crack on the reverse, from below 50C, left through leaf tips and top of UNITED. Here, there is not hint of the crack. In 35 years of studying and hunting for rarities in this series, this is the second one I've had...and by far, the finest. As with any super early die state, we expect the strike to be great, the surfaces to be hard, flat and smooth, and the look to be fabulous. Here, we find all of the above are true. The luster is full and cartwheels freely. The flash and originality are truly impressive.

8. cplradar

cplradar Talmud Chuchum

1818 O.112' R6? Capped Bust Half Dollar NGC MS63

Draft saved Draft deleted