Guess the Grade 1842 Seated Dollar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ddddd, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Thank you

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

I might have added, until VERY recently, that the VERY LAST source I'd ever want to trust is a vanity-published or self-published book on anything, but I have a contemporary struggle over that issue right now with a dear friend.

Carl Waltz, Jr. several years ago self-published, with plastic ring binding, a comprehensive work on Matte Proof Lincoln cents. At Philadelphia last month, I learned that Carl is working on an update of that work. I BEGGED HIM, and I shall CONTINUE TO BEG HIM to NOT self-publish again. It. Damages. Credibility. Of. The. Author. His work its worthy of full commercial publication.

He claims he fears loss of control. How utterly Central Pennsylvania of him.

If this is an ongoing problem in numismatics, perhaps the ANA or the ANS needs to step up and open their own publishing house and stop punting everything to Whitman in this field. There still need to be publishing gate-keepers (note the plural). Working without it is unacceptable, and having only one in the field is ALMOST as unacceptable.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted