Guess my haul to the coin machine and win what was rejected!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Atarian, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Atarian

Atarian Well-Known Member

Took my change jar to the credit union today. Actually I had sorted the contents from the jar into four vinyl bank zipper pouches. One pouch had cents, one had nickels and dimes, one had quarters, and one had dollars (small - not Eisenhower).

Person nearest the total dollar amount as the machine counted it wins what was rejected - a thrashed 'war nickel' and two 40% silver quarters! (Awesome, I know).

One guess per person, to the nearest cent. Please do not revise your post/guess.

Clues:
    - Total weight on my digital bathroom scale was 44 pounds. It's pretty accurate. This includes the zipper bags.
    - There were 1,325 cents.
    - There were more quarters than anything else.
    - There were no half dollars - only cents, nickels, dimes, quarters, and dollars.
    - There were more dollars than dimes, but there were more dimes AND nickels than dollars.
    - Total coin count was 4,216.

I'll post the result with a scan of the deposit slip (which breaks it down by denomination) at the end of the contest.

Ends Monday evening at 6:00 PM West Coast time.

Good luck!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Sean the Coin Collector

Sean the Coin Collector Active Member

4. heuvy31

heuvy31 Active Member

5. aubade21

aubade21 Well-Known Member

$700.00

6. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

7. Lord Geoff

Lord Geoff Active Member

$1057 (I used math)

8. Galen59

Galen59 Gott helfe mir

9. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

That sounds like a math problem from grade school . ;) $855.55 If I happen to win , which I never do please give the prize to a YN . Thanks for the contest .

10. Effigy303

Effigy303 Well-Known Member

11. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

12. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

13. jlogan

jlogan Well-Known Member

14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

By weight, by count, or by face value?

Do you mean "more quarters than any other single category of coins", "more in the quarters bag than in any of the other bags", or "more quarters than all the other coins put together"?

Sorry, I've got to do this "requirements clarification" all the time at work, and it's hard to stop... :)

15. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

16. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

$777.77 (I did not :)

17. Steve61

Steve61 Member

18. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

19. Atarian

Atarian Well-Known Member

, b
    There were more quarters than any other single denomination, by count. So for example there might have been 50 quarters, 15 dollars, 10 dimes, 5 nickels, and 49 cents.

I can't answer "more in the quarters bag than in any of the other bags", or "more quarters than all the other coins put together" without giving clues that would others who have guessed/calculated at a disadvantage.

I hope that's more clear. BTW there are some excellent guesses here... I'm a little surprised.

20. CoinsMoneyProfit

CoinsMoneyProfit Numismatist

21. Tylercw7

Tylercw7 Member

Draft saved Draft deleted